From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Update

How about a bug list board, similar to the LAVA bug list board?
It would definitely be nice to have one place where all the bugs are centered (and if possible get responses from NI about the status of the bug).
The main problem I see with this is that many people here don't really bother searching for the answer or automatically call everything a bug, but I think that even with that problem such a board would be a good idea.

(3,259 Views)
Just my 2 cents.

Reporting bugs should be a privledge that is earned by contributing to the Exchange.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 54
(3,261 Views)
I agree, because of the problem I mentioned, but I think you set your bar (250 replies) way too high.
What would be ideal is if people could "propose" a bug, and some people could verify it. Unverified threads would be removed. Molly, is that even remotely possible with the current system?

And no, sorry, I haven't checked that email account in the past week, but I'll do it today.

(3,260 Views)
OK, maybe 250 is too high.

What # do you propose?

The List looks for 50. Going lower than that may be dangerous.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 54
(3,259 Views)
I've already commented on this, and in order to avoid writing the same again, here's a link to what I think.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 15 of 54
(3,248 Views)
Molly, looking at the number of times the LIST thread was looked at seems to suggest that only a relatively small number of people know about it. Is it possible to advertise it in some way (floating a thread to the top of the main board, placing a link in the main forums page, etc.)?

(3,219 Views)

Molly, I see you've floated the thread to the top of the feedback board. That's good, but not what I had in mind. Since the feedback board doesn't get many threads\posts and the list threads gets a post at least once a week, it's not a problem to find.
The main problem is that the feedback board is at the end of the list (at least in the default view) and most people probably feel that they don't have what to look for in there. My suggestion was to publish the list in a more public place (like the LV board).

(3,195 Views)
Just curious what sort of progress is being made on some of these items, in particular, the issue(s) around posting items posted on the forum being xmitted to nntp news servers in a "less than friendly" format.  It's not just the line breaks as <br>, it's also the "un-necessarily long" lines.  It shouldn't be hard to put a hard return at the first space the occurs before the 72nd character in a line (72 chosen somewhat arbitrarily).

Thanks!
Bruce
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 54
(3,170 Views)

The lost 'only new threads in board subscription'  

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=130&message.id=1448

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 54
(3,143 Views)

Forum Update:

We recently upgraded the version of the forum software and believe we have resolved some of the issues from our original list:

• Posting Code is Difficult
    The post window treats what you enter as HTML, so if you try to post snippets of C code pieces of it are not always displayed. This is considered high priority and we have been working diligently to find the best resolution.
  • Keyword Subscriptions
    Users should be able to subscribe to particular keywords so they receive notifications when those words are included in posts. This is a high priority feature request.
  • Average Thread Ratings
    On the Board Page, the ratings average shown there is just the average of the question. We would rather have it average all ratings cast to that thread.
  • HTML in NNTP
    The line breaks in the discussion forums are displayed as <br> tags in NNTP.
  • Hyperlinks
    Make it easier for users to post hyperlinks in messages.

We are currently working with the forum vendor on several of the other items on the list and will try to keep you updated on that progress.  Internally, we are working on the Leader Board to relieve Chilly Charly from his List Master duties.  You can give Nick C your feedback here.

We recognize that we introduced a problem with the functionality that allows you to subscribe to just new threads instead of all new messages.  We are trying to get that fixed again quickly.

Thanks!

Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 54
(3,139 Views)