Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following a Windows XP Home Edition OS upgrade from MS98 I get "No software will be loaded" while attempting to (re)load LabVIEW 7 Express as instructed by XP. Any ideas?

The installation aborts at that point and no software is loaded 😞 Could this be an XP Home Edition security "feature"? LabVIEW 7 Express Student Edition was working fine with MS98.
Message 1 of 2
(3,538 Views)
Hi BJL!

Okay, I'm assuming that you previously had LabVIEW installed when you were running MS98, right?

Assuming yes to this question, did you ever uninstall LabVIEW from your computer? If not, are you sure that LabVIEW isn't already on your machine? The reason why I ask is because the message "No software will be loaded" is the message that the installer will return if what you are selecting to install is already installed on your machine.

Can you see that LabVIEW is or is not already installed in Add/Remove Programs (under National Instruments Software- click "change" to view the current installations). If LabVIEW 7.0 does not show up and is uninstalled, then it could be a registry issue.

So, check to see if LabVIEW 7.0 is currently installed on your machine. And if it is not, check Add/Remove programs (under National Instruments Software) to see if it shows up there or not. And then let us know what you find 🙂

Hope this helps!

Travis H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,514 Views)