From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-List

JLV,

as a matter of fact, the situation you described is taken into account. Let me explain it (I have a few mins left...)

If the "auto"reply is noticed as valuable, some Enthusiast (usually with a 3 letter long user name beginning with B and ending with n...) will rate it with 5 stars. And that's enough to change its status from follow-up to reply. The same mechanism applies also to questions that can be turned into topics according to their rating status.

Anymore criticisms ? 😉

And if you were more attentive, you should know that I don't mind about worms scrolling to the North of France.

And one more comment : you are still the leader of the Break column when expressed as % :D:D:D

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 249
(7,951 Views)

chilly charly a écrit:

JPD,

at least somebody opened the About box with the speakers on...

Did you notice that it's even worse than the original ?

... at work! Smiley Surprised

I didn't noticed, I was in a hurry to stop that utmost annoyance Smiley Happy

Message Edité par Jean-Pierre Drolet le 09-20-2005 12:25 PM

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 12 of 249
(8,735 Views)

@chilly charly wrote:

If the "auto"reply is noticed as valuable, some Enthusiast (usually with a 3 letter long user name beginning with B and ending with n...) will rate it with 5 stars. And that's enough to change its status from follow-up to reply. The same mechanism applies also to questions that can be turned into topics according to their rating status.

And one more comment : you are still the leader of the Break column when expressed as % :D:D:D

B??  who would that be?  Bee??   hummm.......  😮

... leader?? moi??  in % breaks... sacre' bleu!!!!

😐

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 09-20-2005 01:17 PM

Message 13 of 249
(7,937 Views)

Hi CC

Great idea and great ListVIEW.

I think the index is quite correct as it is now.

keep that way !

cheers ( and 5 big stars, of course)

Alipio

---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
---------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 249
(7,819 Views)
CC -

I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't read your code yet, but I wanted to give you a tip on how to find which users have posted at least 50 messages (since I think that is your threshold for considering them on the list).

This search will give you the complete list - over 700 today!

I hope this is helpful.

Happy listing!
Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
Message 15 of 249
(7,818 Views)
Thanks Molly !
That's exactly what I needed !
Please, could you give me some infos about the "role" command ?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 249
(7,774 Views)
CC -

The forums have a pretty robust set of Roles and Ranks that are used for various things.  The administrator can configure it to automatically assign or remove roles based on ranks or they can manually use them to have special groups with permissions.

In our community we use the roles and ranks for all the "gold bar" and "blue bar" assignments and all the levels within.  We also use them for different reporting and permissions groups.  We have a pretty complicated setup in our forums with over 50 ranks and over 25 roles.  But, the role you are interested in (1370) is automatically assigned to any user who has posted 50 times.  I guess you might also be interested in the "blue bar" role vs. the "gold bar" role.  Their role IDs are 8 and 5 respectively.

FYI - The 1370 role is new -- meaning I haven't been holding out on you for the past few months 🙂

Thanks!

Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
Message 17 of 249
(7,776 Views)

Please give your opinion on what should be their relative values

How about 1,1,1,1?

Not all of us bring the same talents to the team. I can see how any of those catagories could be argued are moe important than the others.

Quantity

Lets face it. No activity, no Exchange, no list etc. Quantity is hihly desirable.

Rate

We obviously have to have a rate if Quality is non-zero. This seems to over-lap quantity doesn't it? And what happens when one of the team accepts that final work assigment with their maker, does that deminish their contribution to the Exchange?

Quality

Who want to read poor quality answers? Required!

Fun

This is what keeps me coming back and looking forward to checking the exchange.

Aside question to you.
Why not count stars given? This would give you another orthogonal axis to play with. It may even bring out some of the lurkers that read and rate but do not post. Judging by the number of people that have signatures re:ratings, stars must be worth something. I have noticed that I am NOT the only person that "fixes" ratings that have been incorrectly rated as 1-star. We are supporting our team members anonomously when we rate replies. I would like to put star distribution counts and rates as E and F.

Back to your E-List.
I am suprised at how well your number crunching rates the contributions. I am pleased to see LV-Pro, Rolf and LabVIEW_Guru in the top 20. The only one I would like to see in the top 20 that was not was Gorka Larea who was the "First-First" top contributor. It seems I chased him for ages.

Did you have to tweak ABCD to get the list to chase out that way?

I know, I started out trying to answer your question but only ended up asking more and issueing change requests.

Nice work CC!

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 18 of 249
(7,745 Views)
"

If the "auto"reply is noticed as valuable, some Enthusiast (usually with a 3 letter long user name beginning with B and ending with n...) will rate it with 5 stars. And that's enough to change its status from follow-up to reply. The same mechanism applies also to questions that can be turned into topics according to their rating status."

I am not sure what an '"auto-" reply' is but it appears that you have detected my use of stars as ditto marks.

Cool!

If you said what I would have said, you saved me the typing. You get stars, mark the end of that question, move on.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 19 of 249
(7,758 Views)

E-LIST issue n°38

Sharp drop of the top activities this week. Went from 6-7 down to 3-4 (apart Dennis of course...).
CC and Tst have disappeared from the top 20 runners.
Is this evolution significant ?

The E-List and ListVIEW are still under work, with the correction of a number of bugs :
- there was
a boundary problem with all the max activities,
- the display on MacIntosh was messy,
- the "group command" in the customize menu was also sorting the header items,
- when opening ListVIEW for the first time, the data were not read properly...
And there are a few left...

Humm....seems that you have not done your part of the work, since I didn't receive any bug report ! 😉 OK, I'll wait one more week before the official release of ListVIEW 2.0 (not beta).

Please help me check the data in the E-List before re-editing previous week issues (that's for Tst's E-Trend) !
And I'm still waiting for your comments on the Enthusiasm index calculation. My personal opinion is that the contribution of the overall reply number should be decreased, and the BreakPoint contribution weight increased. Then, the rank could be calculated using the Enthusiasm index as reference. I tell you, don't leave me alone for that !..

Ben, I would be happy to include the given stars as an additionnal Enthusiasm indicator. Unfortunately, this is a "private" information. No way to retrieve it !

Message 20 of 249
(7,749 Views)