Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents - Questions and Feedback

RobertoBozzolo wrote: The affected document is this one, it is the only one created after the transition to the new site. As a strange thing, this document continues to show the title in bold no matter how many times I open it.

Hi Roberto,

This issue is now resolved. You should be able to edit the document as expected. The title (when viewing from the document listing page) should not appear as bold either (verified in Firefox).

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

BTW, how could documents be moved from "Example program drafts" to "LabWindows/CVI User Group Documents"?

If there are documents you would like to have moved, please use the "report to moderator" function and the team can process your request.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 54
(674 Views)

This discussion is quite long, so forgive me if this was already posted: I did try searching for this note bus wasn't able to find any reference to it.

While looking at community documents , besides being able to modify a document written by somebody else, I noticed that I can also remove the original author from the list of collaborators to the document! Smiley Surprised

See this screenshot where I highlighted the link to remove Hooovahh from the list of collaborators to his own unofficial forum rules guide! 

Screenshot 2017-09-25 12.25.46.png

Of course I didn't try that button Smiley Wink so it could be inactive as well, but even in that case the button should not appear at all IMO.

EDIT: I just noted that I could also remove myself from the collaborators to my documentsSmiley Frustrated

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

I have not seen this issue brought up before, and it could be a major issue.  Someone stealing credit for other peoples work, and then being able to block them out isn't something I've seen done, but new users to the forum could do this to troll.

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 54
(546 Views)

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for finding this and reporting it to us!

An important note - removing the author from the Contributor List will not take away their credit as the author (they will still be attributed as the author, and the document will still show up in their "My Documents" section) and it will not remove their email subscription.

In most locations within the NI Community, we allow open editing, meaning that editing privileges are available to all members and are not limited to those contributors. In this case, the Contributor List serves mainly as a list of the members who have been involved in the document, not those who have permission to make edits.

That being said it is very strange that the original author can be removed from the list of contributors. In my opinion this should at least require approval from the author before it is done. We will suggest this limitation as an improvement, to our community vendor.

Thanks again!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 54 of 54
(538 Views)