Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did we loose the Quote button?

@JÞB wrote:

Vert i see reply, bold italics font bullet dash  and link.

Horizontal i see reply bold italics underline strikethrough font color typesize font bullet number dash link and image.

This is expected. The mobile toolbar was optimized by removing unnecessary formatting buttons - such as what you see on desktop.

As previously stated, we are working on getting the quote button added back.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(835 Views)

Seems related so...

I wanted to add two more projects to my LV Champions bio

"

Configurable Assembly Line allows Stations to be Configured and NOT rewritten

Modular Crystal Growth Furnaces  - 100's Furnaces Controlled from PC and tablets

"

But when I went to edit the profile the text body was empty!

Using IE

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(824 Views)

Adding to my previous (that I do not dare to quote since that goofs-up everything when last I tried).

I will need to edit my bio in "17.0646" days to read "Retired"

😀

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(820 Views)

@Ben wrote:

But when I went to edit the profile the text body was empty!

I am able to reproduce the same issue in IE 11. We will have to escalate this issue to our community vendor for further investigation.

This issue is not occurring in Firefox 70x, Chrome, or Edge though - if you are able to use another browser when editing the document.

@Ben wrote:

Adding to my previous (that I do not dare to quote since that goofs-up everything when last I tried).

As previously noted, there is a known issue with the quote button doing nothing when used in IE. However, even if you have already typed within the text editor then click on the quote button, it shouldn't be wiping out your post. If this is occurring to you, can you please let us know the steps you are taking so we can attempt to reproduce it?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(813 Views)

I clicked reply to your post.

Clicked the quotes - nothing appeared

Could not paste into edit windows

Did a "back"

Clicked reply again

Could then paste in the edit window

the quote button breaks the paste (ctrl-v)

Ben 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(808 Views)

I clicked reply to your post.

Clicked the quotes - nothing appeared

Could not paste into edit windows

Did a "back"

Clicked reply again

Could then paste in the edit window

the quote button breaks the paste (ctrl-v)

Ben 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(818 Views)

What is it you are attempting to paste - just regular text? I followed these steps in IE 11 on Windows 10, but I am still able to paste words after clicking on the quote button.

Edit - actually, I can reproduce an issue in which I cannot paste text in IE 11 if it starts with the phrase: Re:

For instance, if I were copying and pasting the subject line of this post.

However, this occurs regardless of attempting to use the quote button.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(809 Views)

In this reply I just hit reply to your post and then did a ctrl-v that I copied from another thread.

Ditto the idea of trying to edit with the project closed. There was an issue a couple of versions back that was involved with the project and classes (I do not recall the details but something about reevaluating from the top down vs the bottom up or some such).

Also make sure the auto-populating folders is turned OFF. That will slow down the IDE.

Ben

Seems to work

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(785 Views)

Ditto the idea of trying to edit with the project closed. There was an issue a couple of versions back that was involved with the project and classes (I do not recall the details but something about reevaluating from the top down vs the bottom up or some such).

Also make sure the auto-populating folders is turned OFF. That will slow down the IDE.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(783 Views)

In the post above I hit the quote of my previous but it did not show up.

I was also able to paste again which surprised me since that did not work when I tried it a week ago or so.

I guess that means my problem with paste is OK now but we are still not able to quote.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(781 Views)