Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did we loose the Quote button?

*darn* not the reply but the quote button..

Yesterday it was still there, now the "QUOTE" button is missing.

I'm crippled...

There rest seems different too, we seem to have tons of emoji (emojis? emoji?).

Emojis 👍

No Quote 👎

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(2,783 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

*darn* not the reply but the quote button..

Yesterday it was still there, now the "QUOTE" button is missing.

I'm crippled...

There rest seems different too, we seem to have tons of emoji (emojis? emoji?).

Emojis 👍

No Quote 👎

Never mind.

Found it!

It's replaced by the more subtle " icon!

Quote.PNG

Message 2 of 32
(2,773 Views)

Lose    Not Loose.

😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(2,702 Views)

Hi Wiebe,

Our text editor received an overhaul in last night's maintenance window. You can read more about the changes in the blog post here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Community-News/Improvements-to-the-Text-Editor/ba-p/3986048

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(2,669 Views)

The "attach" buttons are missing too.

Come on NI quit fixing things that are NOT broken!

missingCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(2,658 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

We are working on enabling the new drag-and-drop experience for attachments. In the meantime, you can still click on the paperclip icon to add attachments.

These changes were a part of our regular platform upgrades. At times, some platform features are deprecated or overhauled, and we must upgrade accordingly.

We are actively working with our community vendor to ensure outstanding issues are resolved.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(2,653 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

missingCapture.PNG

YES.  I had noticed that.  But didn't realize it was connected to the update.  That paperclip icon still worked.  I just thought my browser hung up drawing all the objects on the page.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(2,651 Views)

When hovering over most edit tools, the cursor gives me turns into the finger. However if I mouse over the attachment paperclip, the cursor remains an arrow, possibly confusing the user that it has no functionality or cannot be clicked. (Clicking anyway brings up the attachment dialog just fine ;)).

Also: tools have context help with white text over black background while the paperclip has a white context help with black font. Somewhat inconsistent.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(2,619 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

When hovering over most edit tools, the cursor gives me turns into the finger. However if I mouse over the attachment paperclip, the cursor remains an arrow, possibly confusing the user that it has no functionality or cannot be clicked. (Clicking anyway brings up the attachment dialog just fine ;)).

Also: tools have context help with white text over black background while the paperclip has a white context help with black font. Somewhat inconsistent.

Interesting in that I do get the pointy finger when hovering over the paperclip.  (Using Firefox.)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(2,616 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:
Interesting in that I do get the pointy finger when hovering over the paperclip.  (Using Firefox.)

Yes, seems to depend on browser:

Chrome browser. Plain arrow cursor on paperclip.

Edge browser: Cursor turns to finger over paperclip.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(2,611 Views)