From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments/Questions on New Layout

Update on message #141: The same problem applies to the "Insert code" dialog of the RichTextEditor…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 161 of 174
(1,501 Views)

If not mentioned before, clicking on my notifications should take me to the most recent post in the thread. It used to but now it doesn't. 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 162 of 174
(1,449 Views)

There was some discussion about the notifications page here and there and the wrong links are a common complain (e.g. in this thread).

Just as an addition, the links for kudos received correctly point to the kudoed message, while those for replies point to the first message in the discussion.

As I mentioned in that thread, in my opinion the best for activity message would be to embed in the link a 'jump-to/first-unread-message' clause instead of an absolute message number.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

After some time using the new layout:

What is annoying me most:

1. The need to scroll a lot to browse forum entries...
  2. The pop up window if you happen to move your mouse over a user name! It's a link anyway. (A pop up with the top 5(+x) lines of the (first or even better last unread) post instead would be great 🙂 )
  3. While I get used to the notifications .. it doesn't jump to the last unread!

And I miss my personal list of groups with unread posts indicated 😞

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 164 of 174
(1,351 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:
  1. The pop up window if you happen to move your mouse over a user name! It's a link anyway. (A pop up with the top 5(+x) lines of the (first or even better last unread) post instead would be great 🙂 )

There should be a way to disable that popup in the display settings preferences. For me it is completely useless and often gets in the way of things. If I want more detailed information on a user a just shift-click the name instead.

Message 165 of 174
(1,350 Views)

It's been 1/2 a year and this forum still feels unattrictive / unappealing to me.  I really miss the older version.  They had done such a great job.  It's sad that people's view of evolution stems from the unfunctional and chaotic. 

I do embrace change, when it is good or appropriate.  It may not appear that way with my recent (6 month old) posts.  But I need to voice my opinion and concerns over this forum.  I used to enjoy visiting it.  Now, I simply stay away from it unless I really need to visit it.

It would be great to do a survey... Who loves or hates the new forum format..  Maybe I should do that..  LOL!

Message 166 of 174
(1,255 Views)

This is an impressive statistics..  There's a couple of them...  Zero posts but 5401 kudos.  Impressive.

I think this issue may have been previously reported.

0 Kudos
Message 167 of 174
(1,211 Views)

The breadcrumbs are misaligned.  This may have already been reported.

misaligned.png

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 168 of 174
(1,201 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

It's been 1/2 a year and this forum still feels unattrictive / unappealing to me.  I really miss the older version.  They had done such a great job.  It's sad that people's view of evolution stems from the unfunctional and chaotic. 

This forum "upgrade" is a prime example of fixing something that was not broken in order to justify your own existence.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 169 of 174
(1,158 Views)

I'm not sure if this has been posted before...

It's annoying that while looking at an idea in the Idea Exchange boards "Back to Idea Exchange" and other navigation links appear only at the bottom of the page while on all other forum boards they are duplicated at the top of the page too. You have to scroll past all comments to reach them!

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community