Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments/Questions on New Layout

Beta?  Ray, you are being generous!

Lili, The main problem with the insert window is the same as the rest of the site: EVERYTHING IS TOO BIG TO FIT ON THE PAGE!

Lynn

Message 101 of 174
(1,145 Views)
What bugs me more is the whitespace. For example in the listing of threads, there are huge gaps. Touch screens use highly advanced signal processing to determine finger location, so the idea that the fields need to be the size of a very fat thumb is a myth. Same on the sides. If I make my window wider, I get 2inch grey bars on each side, obstructing other stuff in other windows I want to keep an eye on.
Message 102 of 174
(1,135 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
I get 2inch grey bars on each side, obstructing other stuff in other windows I...

There is absolutely no reason to have that pillarbox effect. There is no additional information out there. It just obstructs the view of other windows below.

Here's a picture (zoomed to 50% of original size) of what I see.

(I am sure it has been mentioned, but I searched this thread for the word "margin" and did not see anything).

Message 103 of 174
(1,130 Views)

I can't tell if it has been already mentioned in this long thread - but in the past I could see if a post had been kudoed by me, now I only can see that kudos have been given

0 Kudos
Message 104 of 174
(1,111 Views)

@elset191 wrote:

@Ben wrote:

maybe another thing I missed...

We used to be able to click on the number under a users name for a post ( example 5 of 7) and that would take us directly to that post as the top of the scroll position. The resluting URL could be copied and used to direct someone to a particualr post in the thread.

I do not see that # of # anymore and for that matter can not tell which post number a praticular post is.

Indeed this was discussed in this thread and another.  Lili said the # of # could probably be added simply.  In the meantime, on a particular post if you hit Options>Highlight it will update the URL of the page to that particular post and you can use that link.  See here.

I notice this feature has been restored.  Thanks Lili and team.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 105 of 174
(1,110 Views)

@elset191 wrote:

@elset191 wrote:

@Ben wrote:

maybe another thing I missed...

We used to be able to click on the number under a users name for a post ( example 5 of 7) and that would take us directly to that post as the top of the scroll position. The resluting URL could be copied and used to direct someone to a particualr post in the thread.

I do not see that # of # anymore and for that matter can not tell which post number a praticular post is.

Indeed this was discussed in this thread and another.  Lili said the # of # could probably be added simply.  In the meantime, on a particular post if you hit Options>Highlight it will update the URL of the page to that particular post and you can use that link.  See here.

I notice this feature has been restored.  Thanks Lili and team.

That is exactly why I am back to this thread but you beat me to it!

Yes I am hard to please but when I get to the end of the internet, I want to know it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 106 of 174
(1,108 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@altenbach wrote:
I get 2inch grey bars on each side, obstructing other stuff in other windows I...
(I am sure it has been mentioned, but I searched this thread for the word "margin" and did not see anything).

"White space" is an effective search for that particular issue in this thread

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 107 of 174
(1,103 Views)

Hey look, the default font is no longer bold-looking and I think line spacing has improved.  However, I wish the text was smaller yet.

0 Kudos
Message 108 of 174
(1,092 Views)

If I look at a thread listing via mobile, I can see about 2.5 threads at a time. 

0 Kudos
Message 109 of 174
(1,090 Views)

Very, very, very minor bug indeed Smiley Wink

In settings screen, the checkbox "don't send e-mails" is misaligned with its text. This is valid also in Italian localization of the forum.

Screenshot 2016-07-30 09.45.28.png

The same page viewed on a tablet puts the checkbox on a new line, even if there is enough space available as can be seen by the upper menu:

Screenshot_2016-07-30-09-44-48.png

Just as a side note, when making images for this post the one from the tables always did errors in loading: had to save it as .jpg to be able to post it.

For both images the procedure I followed was the same:

• Get the screenchot: it goes automatically to Dropbox in .png format
  • Edit the image to crop and modify it on the PC with Paint. Save it
  • Post to the forum: for the tablet image I always had a uploding error until I saved it in .jpg format

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,070 Views)