Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in hyperlink in message threads?

I'm going to reference this message on the LabVIEW board that is on the first page at the moment. 

Looking for a LabView Programmer .  This is a message Altenbach moved to the Jobs Board where it belonged.

Previously when we moved a message, a link stayed in the original board, the thread was marked "Moved:  "  and locked so no other messages could be added.  In the move process, you could you a descriptive message to that original location.  Something like "Hey, you should've posted here.  Your message has been moved."  The thread gave a link to the new location.  After a couple days, the message expired from the original location.

Okay, that still happens.  At least you can still put in a descriptive message.  it seems sometime in the last couple days, if you click on the link to go to the message, it just jumps you directly to that message at the new location.  You know longerr go to into the temporary message and get the note.

What changed and why?  Is entering any kind of descriptive message to the temporary placeholder at the original location a waste of time since now there seems to be no way to see it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,679 Views)

I saw GerdW moved a message this morning and when I clicked on it, it did take me to the temporary placeholder message with the hyperlink to the new location.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,638 Views)

Maybe it was a temporary flaw in the forums.  I checked Altenbach's thread now, and it did take me to the temporary message.  One of the things that brought it to my attention last night was that although I had clicked on that message thread in the listing page, it would keep showing up as BOLD for unread.  Today, after clicking on it and seeing the temporary message, now the thread has checked itself off saying that I have read it.

So I guess everyone can just ignore this whole thread I started.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,630 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like it was temporary as I could not reproduce the issue.

Please let us know if you see it again and we will investigate it further. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,606 Views)

Hi Kristi,

I see this happening again with a message GerdW moved in the LabVIEW forum

labview 设置物理通道,有个2011年的帖子直接把字符串常量接到虚拟通道的物理通道上不可行啊

message id 3979086

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,436 Views)
We're looking into this to try to track down the problem.
Thanks for letting us know! We will let you know when we have an update.
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,418 Views)

After some testing, it seems the problem is isolated to the LabVIEW forum board. The workflows and settings are the same, and yet the results are different. We have seen issues in the past that only occurred in this board -- which seems to be related to the high post count within the board.

We can escalate this to our community vendor for further investigation.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 7 of 14
(3,403 Views)

Hi everyone,

Have you happened to see this issue recently? I see some move redirects in the LabVIEW board right now and they work as expected. Our logs also do not show any recent problems.

Please let me know if you have see anything though.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,263 Views)

I don't think I've seen anything since the last time I commented.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,253 Views)

Let me revive this message thread again.  Sometime after the forum appearance change,  I think in just the past week, I noticed this behavior happening again.  The link for the moved thread takes you directly to the moved thread rather than into the placeholder thread.

While this seems like a logical behavior, it isn't what has been historically done.

But the one problem is that when you move a thread, you can put a message in the place holder thread to explain why it was moved.  (Like "Moved to Chinese board").

You can still type that message in, but no one will ever see it because the message gets skipped and goes directly to the moved thread.

It is doing this in Firefox.  I tried in IE11 and the behavior is still correct.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,041 Views)