Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get to NI profile from community pages

On ni.com, I can hover over the NI profile icon and get a grey popup to either go to the profile or log out.

If I do the same on one of the community pages, the popup hides behind the community header and cannot be accessed. A picture tells it best.

altenbach_0-1615742172723.png

(Fully reproducible. Windows 10. Chrome browser. Have not tried other scenarios.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,523 Views)

Note that the "Search" also does not work:

If we click on the magnifying glass, we get a search entry popup on the top of the NI page.

If we do the same in the community, nothing happens at all.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,509 Views)

Hi,

@altenbach wrote:

(Fully reproducible. Windows 10. Chrome browser. Have not tried other scenarios.)

Problem confirmed: I get the same behaviour using Firefox86 on Windows8.1…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 4
(1,491 Views)

Yes.  THIS!

I've seen this for a long time and I primarily use Firefox.  I'm sure I submitted a post about this not working before, like several years back, but I can't find it at the moment.

Basically the drop down doesn't appear which I occasionally need to go to in order to check account settings or something.  It never occurred to me that the dropdown was there, but behind other parts of the screen.

Whenever I had a problem and I needed to do something in the account, I opened up IE to get to it.  I just recently realized if I go to NI.com and not the forums in Firefox, the dropdown appears okay.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,475 Views)