Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't post VIPC?

I was trying to update a set of code I have posted online here.  Instead of posting a zip with a bunch of files I tried posting a VIPC which is a package of packages.  First it complained that there wasn't any labels but after messing around for a bit I think I got past that.  But after I hit publish I got an error:

"The attachment's hooovahh can frame signal conversion 2018 2.0.0.10.vipc content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

I tried attaching it here but guess what, I can't do that either.  Here is a link to the file I am trying to attach.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,196 Views)

Hi @Hooovahh,

While we have '.vipc' as a valid file extension for attachments, it appears there is a mismatch in what the upload looks like to the system (application/octet-stream) and the file extension. I was able to reproduce the error. We will investigate further, but for the moment I suggest uploading as a zip. Thank you for the file example to test against.

Best,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,154 Views)

@Hooovahh,

We were able to address this issue. I've attached the original file you mentioned. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Thanks,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,044 Views)