Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments that fail to download

There are two attachments in another thread (here and here) that cannot be downloaded using chrome. I wrote some of my suspicions here, but of course I am not sure what the problem really is.

Note that this is a chrome problem. If I try to download using edge browser, it works just fine.

The question is if this is due to a bug in chrome or due to some nonstandard html that edge can gloss over but chrome does more rigorous checking and rejects the download.

InvalidResponse.png

Should I report this using the chrome feedback tool ("report an issue") or should lithium investigate first?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,755 Views)

The same complaint has been happening in the LabVIEW Architects board as presentations from the CLA Summit are being posted.  Those using Chrome have not been able to download.  Using Firefox, I have had no issues at all.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,746 Views)

Do these other attachments also have a collection of delimiters as part of the file name?

(I submitted some feedback to the chrome team so they can investigate on their end.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,742 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Do these other attachments also have a collection of delimiters as part of the file name?

They do have spaces.  I think most were ppt or pptx files.  There might be a PDF in there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,710 Views)

A google search for "err_response_headers_multiple_content_disposition chrome" has quite a few hits and some indicate that filenames with commas ( , ) or semicolons ( ; ) are a problem. Most seem to have solutions to be implemented on the server side (example). I guess lithium needs to fix that.

Message 5 of 6
(3,705 Views)

Hi altenbach,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

As you've noted this is related to the inclusion of a comma in the filename and how the Chrome browser handles commas in file attachments. From what I have found it appears this is a somewhat common issue, but there will be no fix from Chrome and this must be addressed on our side.

We will raise this issue to our community provider to request a fix.

Thanks again!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(3,613 Views)