Did you mean: 

Annoying user popup

The problem is still there.

When it can be fixed?!

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(687 Views)

Usually if the user info pop-up is stuck, I can mouse-over the name or picture that originally caused the pop-up and get it go away.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(675 Views)

@zou wrote:

The problem is still there.

When it can be fixed?!

I agree. It was better for a while, but with the new update, these popups are again extremely sticky. They need to disappear within a second once the user name is no longer under the mouse (or whatever time it takes the typical user to mouse over the popup and click one of the links. If the mouse is moved over the popup, it should of course stay until clicked or the mouse moved away again)

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(674 Views)

Actually, today it feels better again. Not sure what, if anything has changed.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(669 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

Usually if the user info pop-up is stuck, I can mouse-over the name or picture that originally caused the pop-up and get it go away.

I find that if I go and mouse over a different name, not the one that caused it, the new pop up will replace the original stuck one, then go away when I leave.

It is annoying, but doesn't happen too often, that my muscle memory of this process kicks in and resolves it.  I find it to be about 5 seconds of wasted time.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(649 Views)

No, it's not really better and there should be no reason having to repeatedly drag the mouse over random locations like swatting flies. This popup needs to disappear very quickly on it's own unless the user mouses over the popup. Currently, it is buggy.

I often "shift-click" on a user name, opening the profile in a new window, the popup remains over the original window forever (not always, but most of the time!) It should disappear immediately if a window loses focus as in that case!

(Alternatively, we could use the "view profile" link in the popup, but that re-uses the current window unless I press shift. Not very functional and takes much longer ("shift-click" vs "hover-wait.for.popup-mouse.move.south.east-shift-click"). Should also open in a new window without shift.)

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(637 Views)

Hi altenbach,

This issue is now resolved. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(577 Views)