Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Country Selection Popup

Well, this is more a NI site-wide problem, but it bugs me most when using the forum so I decided to complain here.

There is a dark blue bar at the very top with some important links (country selection, contact us, login/out, MyNI, Notifications, Cart). There is nothing wrong with most of this and if we need to go to one of those popular links, we just click it, right?

Well, the Country selection on the left is a hairtrigger popup that fires up whenever the mouse gets near it. Unfortunately, it is right below my most used links in the browser link bar right above it. This means that during my day it constantly pops up, obscuring the window. I also typically cross it when I want to type something in the address bar, triggering it again.

Selecting the country is not something that we constantly need to do, so I suggest that this menu be turned into a regular link that needs to be clicked to be activated.

The current behavior is very annoying to me!

Reply below if it annoys you too!

... but also reply if you like the current behavior, then explain why. 😄

Message 1 of 7
(6,339 Views)

I reported this as a serious annoyance several weeks ago, but i did so in another thread.

This pops up several times per day at least. It is something that most users will change only once and a few will change occasionally. It definitely should be a link, not a pop up and should probably be in the footer of the page.

Lynn

2 Knights opposed, any "days" in favor?

Message 2 of 7
(6,329 Views)

johnsold wrote:

2 Knights opposed, any "days" in favor?

I'm more of a twilight right now, but I am in definate agreement.  That little popup gets in my way quite a bit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,273 Views)

Make that 4 of the top contributors annoyed by adding my name to the list

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,240 Views)

I'll say that I don't think I've had a problem with this.

But it I do agree that it shouldn't behave like this.

Message 5 of 7
(6,232 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

I'll say that I don't think I've had a problem with this.

But it I do agree that it shouldn't behave like this.

So, three Knight and two "Squire's"  agree that link should not behave as it does and %80 of us find the current behavior "Annoying"

And no response?

Jordan,  how often do you get vacations?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,208 Views)

Let's not be too hard on Jordan. She probably moved her cursor to the top of the page to check out our complaints and has not yet recovered the use of her browser.

Lynn

Message 7 of 7
(6,192 Views)