Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing the NI Idea Exchange!

No.  I'm using Firefox 3.0.13 (Thanks to answering this post, I know I need to upgrade).

No problems here.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 79
(2,564 Views)
I have IE8 at home, that link showed all the bold, italic, link buttons like it should for me.
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 79
(2,552 Views)

Laura F. wrote:

Right now we only offer the LabVIEW Idea Exchange but hope to offer Idea Exchanges that feature additional products in the future.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange was introduced some moths ago, and I thik It's a great idea!

Are you planning to introduce a CVI Idea Exchange board in the next weeks?

I think that the user suggestions are really useful to decide the new features, the priorities, ...

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 79
(2,432 Views)

I just skimmed this thread and didn't see an answer to my question.  Is there a way to get email subscriptions to Idea Exchange comment threads that I've commented on, just like I can for normal NI Discussion Forums threads?  It's looking like the answer is 'no', based on tst's three-pronged approach to monitoring the exchange...but I figured I'd ask anyway, in case I missed the answer somewhere.

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 79
(2,340 Views)

I've been subscribing to the whole board.

The latest ideas/comments on the right hand side don't really work.  (New comments to old ideas don't seem to show up.)
I tried an RSS feed through IE, but that just doesn't seem to work right.

So subscribing to the board gives me an e-mail for each new comment/idea.  I make sure I click through all of those links.  Occasionally, I might miss an e-mail and not read the idea/comment.  I'll see that as new messages on the master board instead of 0 new messages.  In which case I have to go through each page of the board and search on the phrase 1 new (or 2 new or 3 new).  IE8 searches better than IE7.

But for a particular thread, if you go into the thread, there is an Idea Options link at the top.  It has a choice of Subscribe to this Idea.  I would assume it gives e-mail messages to that particular idea and any comments in it.

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 79
(2,336 Views)

I'm pleased to announce that a new Idea Exchange has been introduced for LabVIEW Real-Time.  Please visit and contribute any ideas you have!

Thanks,

Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 79
(2,319 Views)

Hi Darren,

I think Ravens Fan is correct, when viewing a particular idea, the Idea Options drop down menu has a "Subscribe to this Idea" option that should do the trick.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 79
(2,317 Views)

Yeah, I just have to remember to do that each time I comment on an idea.  The checkbox on NI Discussion Forums posts for "email me when someone replies to this thread" that is already checked when I reply to a thread is much more convenient.

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 79
(2,311 Views)

I have not visited this thread in months, but after rereading it, I recall that many of the gripes I made earlier today are over 9 months old and still unresolved.

Out of curiosity, does NI have a lifespan for the Idea Exchange? Was it meant to be a temporary board, and then shut down once "enough" ideas were generated to keep R&D booked? If it is meant to be temporary, I understand it's not economically viable to waste effort making it better. But if it's here to stay, I think both NI and the users would benefit from better sorting options and a better UI.

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 79
(1,716 Views)