From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: cannot delete larger sections

Typically I quote posts, but delete irrelevant sections. If I do that on Android, I can use the blue handles to select a portion of text and get a popup to cut, copy, etc.

If I select "cut" with a large section selected, only one character gets deleted. I expected the entire selection to disappear.

(Chrome, Android 7.0)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,343 Views)

Hi Christian,

If you select the delete button, does the text disappear?

Is it possible to provide a video recording of this behavior?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,324 Views)

No, the text remains. Here is a quick example (I press "cut" on the popup after selection of the text. I am not aware of a "delete" button.)

Note that all it does is delete the question mark, which was not even selected!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,318 Views)

Thanks for the video. I'm unable to reproduce this on iOS, so it might be Android specific. We'll have to investigate this further.

Here is the button I was referring to:

delete.png

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,310 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Thanks for the video. I'm unable to reproduce this on iOS, so it might be Android specific. We'll have to investigate this further. 

Yes, the <x] delete button deletes the text, surprise! 😄 Somehow "cut" should do the same thing. 😄 (ctrl+x (=cut) does delete things on the PC)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,306 Views)
On iOS, "cut" does remove all of the selected text, so I would expect the same functionality on Android as well.
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,304 Views)

This is still under investigation, but I wanted to note that this only seems to be occurring within the Chrome app on Android. In the Internet app, the cut option works as expected.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,265 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

In the Internet app, the cut option works as expected.

What is this? I am running 7.0 (nougat, pure, no vendor skin) and there is no "internet app", just chrome. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,262 Views)

It must be a Samsung app.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,259 Views)