Feedback on Getting Started Content

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on New Getting Started Tutorials

NI is creating a new way to learn how to get started with NI products. We invite you to take a look at our new tutorials in the NI Learning Center, and let us know what you think. We would like to hear what you did or did not like about the tutorials or any ways that you can think of to improve the content.

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,084 Views)

Good tutorials.  It would be useful to show how to connect Input modules with instrumentation such as load cell (single bridge/double bridge) and displacement transducers, and to obtain their readings.

Message 2 of 6
(1,937 Views)

I'm profoundly deaf.   What I didn't like is the lack of support for the hearing impaired.  With respect to the "new" learning modules, there were [CC] buttons on the videos but they didn't work.  So what was the purpose?  Look, I don't want to sound like a "cry baby",  but just because people have disabilities doesn't mean we have to go back to the early century when a missing toe meant you wouldn't get that job.  We're better than that.  And it always works out for people without that disability.  Like when you need to open a door at the front of the building and your hands are full?  You hit the door button for people in wheelchairs. Or use the wheelchair ramps for the dollies.  Or how about the TV programs in bars.  Closed captioning is great.  No matter how loud you can still understand what is being said.  So let's get with it.  Put the CC in.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,865 Views)

I am a new user and have just begun using LabVIEW 2021 for the first time. Experiencing both the old and new Getting Started sections, I found the newer version to be much more simplistic and quicker to get the first measurement. I did however like the detail that the old Getting Started instructions contained, with the ability to read further into all the basic terminology. I know that is now probably captured in the Learner Dashboard, but it was still nice to get some additional entry-level knowledge.

Overall: New is great, easy to follow, and will get you to your first measurement quicker. The older version was further in-depth with its "Learn NI LabVIEW basics" section.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,399 Views)

Thank you for all your effort!

What do you think about defaulting the display of tutorials to the default language of the user's browser?  You could include a dropdown box at the top to change languages if needed.

It would make it a lot faster to find the tutorial I'm looking for at first glance upon arriving at the page.

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,223 Views)

Hello,

I recently went online and signed up with NI to start using the MultiSim tool in order to do homework for one of my Mechatronics (electronics) classes.

The issue I'm faced with is that as a student currently enrolled in the Mechatronics program at my school,.... I need fulltime access to the MultiSim tool for the duration of my classes enroute to my degree.  However I am only able to use the MultiSim tool for 30 days according to NI's current offering (or 30 days) for evaluation purposes. 

Otherwise, If NI has a program for students (I couldn't find one on NI's website), please steer me to a link where I can sign up to utilize the product free of charge.

if NI does not have a program for students, can you tell me if NI will consider supporting students (enrolled at an accredited college) with fulltime access to tools like MultiSim so (we) can effectively train on the (MultiSim) product for the duration of (our) academic program?  for reference I am also enrolled in Auto Desk AutoCad program for students that allows them to use their product for 2 years (as a student) without a fee.   I cannot tell you how practical and important it is to actually use a software tool (like AutoCAD) in learning skills that will be applicable to the real world. 

Also please be aware,... using (Ni's) MultiSim tool is actually required under our school's STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) program.   Also, Ni should be aware that Student exposure to Ni's MultiSim tool is allowed only during classroom lectures ......, In other words, the only access I have to the MultiSim tool (where I can save, modify work) is via classroom-only laptops only used in the classroom during a lecture...    I do not have access to MultiSim on my own laptop so I can study and prepare for homework or assignments.  my fellow students are all complaining that (we) are unable to prepare before classes via self-study so we can utilize our class time (lectures) more effectively.   The teacher/instructor during an hour or 1.5 hour class can only be expected to do so much.....

Any help from NI would go a long way in preparing students to use Ni's products (such as MultiSim) in real world settings.

If Ni has not created a program for students, please consider creating a program, so we (students) can learn and grow on your product(s) in our respective programs across the country.

Sincerely and with much appreciation,

Russ Palmer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,118 Views)