FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble after upgrading fp3000

After upgrading the firmware the Fp3000 are not detected right in the ni configurator 2.3.6 I get the errors : obsolete device;comm error ;not foud error. The icon is not yelow it is white. The network light is steady green an the power led is on. I cant use the fp3000 as a LAS and I cant send to the FP3000 the LAS schedule. Sometimes I get the error that it cant asign a unique address. And when I use the fbus-dialog i get the error: System Management entity is not operational.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,487 Views)
After upgrading firmware of FP-3000, all the old configuration like Device Tag, Block Tag, Device Address will be cleared, and your would have errors like "Obsolete device" or "Comm Error" etc.

The device icon being white means the FP-3000 device has no been assigned a fixed address, so it is not operational or functioning.

You can change the interface network parameters following steps below:
1. Close NI-FBUS Communications Manager (the blue icon) and Configurator.
2. Start "Interface Configuration Utility", select the port like "Port0";
3. Then click "Edit" button, the port dialog appears;
4. Click "Adcanced..." button to show the "Advanced Stack Configuration" page;
5. Change some values: T1 0x40000, T2 0x40000, T3 0x30000, Slot Time 5
6. Click "
OK", close "Interface Configuration Utility";
7. Run "NI-FBUS Communications Manager" and "NI-FBUS Configurator" again.
8. Power on the FP-3000 to check whether it could get a fixed address and turn to be operational.

This address issue might be caused by different network default values between FP-3000 firmware (revision 2.3 or 2.3.5) and NI-FBUS Configurator 2.3.6 version.
Message 2 of 5
(8,487 Views)
Fbus:Thank you very much for the answer. I've made what you told me and the system is working now. Can you please tell me more details about this parameters that I have change (T1,T2,T3)?. I'm starting with Foundation Fieldbus and I want to learn as much as possible from the configuration of this systems.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,487 Views)
Nice to hear the settings helped. Actually those parameters are related to System Management, especially for T1 and T3.

If you are having trouble setting the address of your device, you may need to change some of the "System Management Info" parameters in the Advanced settings of your interface port in the Interface Configuration Utility. The parameters involved in setting addresses are T1 and T3. These parameters represent delay time values that your interface card uses to compensate for the delays inherent in the device and in the set address protocol itself.

T1 is a parameter that describes the expected response delay of the device at a given address. Normally, you will not need to increase this parameter; however, if it appears that your interface card is not seeing the device's responses related to setting address, you can increase this value. The correct value for this parameter can be dependent on the number of devices on the link. For example, if you are using a bus monitor, you might see a WHO_HAS_PD_TAG request going to the device to start the Set Address sequence, and an IDENTIFY response coming back, but with the host never continuing on to the next step of the protocol (the SET_ADDRESS packet). This would probably mean that your T1 value is too small and should be increased.

T3 is a parameter that describes the expected time for the device to respond at its new address. This parameter is highly dependent on the number of devices on the link, and the number of addresses being polled (see "Setting Number of Polled Addresses" below for how to set the number of polled addresses). If you are using a bus monitor, you may be able to see the host identify a device (with the IDENTIFY packet) at the new address, BEFORE the devices has sent its probe response (PR) packet to the host. This is an error that is indicative of a T3 value that is too small; increase your T3 value until the IDENTIFY to the new address occurs AFTER the PR.

All of the System Management Info timers are in units of 1/32 of a millisecond; i.e. T3=32000 units means that T3=1 second.

NI-FBUS 2.3.6 software is using FF recommended default values for T1, T2 and T3 etc., while FP-3000 firmware are using different values, that's why you can't find device in Configurator 2.3.6, the reason is FP-3000 is too fast to wait for assigning a fixed address by Configurator.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,487 Views)
Thank you for all the information
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,487 Views)