FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni-fbus communications cannot connect interface

I am using NI-FBUS Communications Manager 3.2 with a NI PCMCIA-FBUS Series 2 card in a Ricoh R/RL/... series PCMCIA adapter on a desktop computer.  I enabled the PCMCIA card via the Interface Configuration Utility.  When I start the Comm Manager, I get the following error message:

NI_FBUS Communications Manager cannot connect interface 0 on the fieldbus board 1. Click OK to.....

Windows sees the Ricoh adapter card and the Series 2 card as working properly.  If I install the Series 2 card in a laptop, the Comm Manager starts properly.  The same series 2 card and Ricoh adapter card has been used in another desktop computer also running XP SP2.

How do I get this combination up and running?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,296 Views)
This seems a compatibility problem.
It's hard to troubleshoot which part has the problem, the PC, the adapter or the card.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,290 Views)

I tried the PCMCIA card and adapter card in another computer running XP and NI-FBUS Communications Manager 3.1.1.  The combination worked properly; the card was seen and the Comm Manager opened.  When Configurator was opened, the device attached to the link was seen.

Is there a compatibility difference between Comm Mgr 3.1.1 and 3.2?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,283 Views)
I think the compatibility issue exits in the hardware, but not the software.
You can try the 3.1.1 on the current computer. Remove 3.2, install 3.1.1, and run Communication Manager.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,278 Views)