FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loosing dd files

trying to view instruments on NIFBUS Config. with DeltaV on line too. instruments addresses can be seen but will not expand. Get error messages for comms and VCR_full. code 15 and 11. I could see these instrument previously and every time I shut down and start back up. I would loose one more instrument. like the DD file is not readable.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,002 Views)
Usually when NI-FBUS software and hardware connect to DeltaV H1 interface directly, there would have conflict in communication, because NI-FBUS interface card(AT-FBUS or PCMCIA-FBUS) would take the role of LAS, while DeltaV H1 interface card is taking the same role, but only one LAS is allowed in a segment, that would cause conflict and bad communication.

To avoid the conflict, please select the NI-FBUS interface connecting to DeltaV(the interface name is like "interface0-0"), right-click the interface, choose the menu item "Advanced View", then you will find the object "MIB" under the interface, double-click "MIB", choose the parameter "PRIMARY_LINK_MASTER_FLAG", and set it to False(default value is True). Then the interface would not conflict with DeltaV anymore.

If you still have problem in recognizing devices, please try to adjust the advanced network parameters of interface. As to network parameter topic, please refer to "Development Library" resouce for "Industrial Networks -> Foundation Fieldbus" in "NI Developer Zone".

Last but not the least, you can send e-mail to "fieldbus.support@ni.com" for further support.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,001 Views)