FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB FF Interrface does not show up as a monitor choice

I set up my USB FF interface with tthe NI-FBUS Interface Configuration Utility to monitor the bus. When I start the NI-FBUS Monitor program the only Bus Name that shows in the settings mennu is Simulator. This interface works great with my Configuration Manager. I am using the evaluation version. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,724 Views)

Hi LJGremillion,

What's the driver version of your NI-FBUS? The lasted is 15.0. You can update the version if yours is not 15.0.

And you should confirm if you run the NI-FBUS Communications Manager firstly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,718 Views)

My USB-8486 Properties shows:

Driver Provider: Natiional Instruments

Driver Date:       6/9/2010

Driver Version:  4.0.1.49152

I'm not sure where version 15.0 is because when I do a Windows Update Driver, I get the response this is the correct driver for this device.

This is on a Windows 7 32 bit device.

Also, I make sure the Communications Manager is NOT running when I try and run Monitor. Still no interface shows up.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,706 Views)

Hi,

I suggest you run the NI-FBUS Communications Manager firstly. And watching if there is have any error of FF system.

I show you some screenshot to ensure your operation is correct.

Double-click the Port0 of "NI-FBUS Interface Configuration Utility", you can see the Interface Name and Device Tag. According to screenshot " Interface Configuration Utility".

Then enter F9 in NI-FBUS Monitor, you should choose the Bus Name. According to screenshot "Monitor"

Thanks!

Download All
Message 4 of 4
(7,679 Views)