FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCMCIA-FBus Series 2 is not recognized under Windows XP

I'm trying to get a PCMCIA-FBus Series 2 card work under Windows XP Professional SP2 toghether with an Elan P111 PCI to PCMCIA Adapter, but when I plug in the card Windows does not recognize it - I only get a "pcmcia unknown_manufacturer" message and no driver is installed.
I've tried to install the driver manually, but then I get an error code 10, Device could not be started.
The Computer is a Dell Optiplx 740, AMP Athlon 64 X2 3800+. NI-Configurator v3.1, v3.1.1 and v3.2.1 have been tested. The Elan P111 driver is PSeries v5.07.08.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,882 Views)

Hi,

Please make sure that this PCMCIA-FBUS adapter works well with your PC first. As I know, there may exists compatibility issues between PCI to PCMCIA adapters and some desktops. You can verify this by the following steps.

1. Check whether the adapter is properly installed. There should be no error in Windows Device Manager.

2. Change the adapter to other PCI slots.

3. Try other PCMCIA devices on this adapter, check whether they work well.

Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,876 Views)
There are no errors in the device manager, the adater seems to be running. Unfortunately I got no other PCMCIA Card with which I could test it.
Changing the PCI-Slot (there are only two of them) had also no effect, but I tried another PC (P3 800MHz) with Windows XP installed, and there the PCMCIA Adapter and FBUS Card worked fine together.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,873 Views)
Hi,

I am not sure whether this PCI-PCMCIA adapter works well with Windows XP SP2.  I suggest that you also contact the adapter manufacturer for the compatibility issue.

We did do some test on Elan PCI-PCMCIA adapter, but I am sorry that we are unable to make verifications on all kinds of hardware and software combination. There exists the possibilities that the adapter does not work on some PC's. 

Another suggestion that you can try is to install the PCI-PCMCIA adapter driver on a clean Dell Optiplx 740 (Windows XP SP2 without Microsoft hotfix ). I think this can help you identify whether there are compatibility problems between the adapter and system.

Regards
Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,841 Views)

Hi,

I am having PCMCIA-FBUS Seried 2 card installed in my Dell Latitude/E6400 laptop, which has a Ricoh PCMCIA adapter. i am using ni-fbus configurator 3.2.3. when i start the ni-fbus manager with device connected, i am not able to see the online devices. i am using Moxa U1110 USB to connect the device.

Please let me know how to make this work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,753 Views)

Hi,

Is Moxa U1110 USB a USB to COM adapter? Is the device connected to your laptop through this USB to COM adapter? If so, it does not work because the device is not connected into a FF network.  

Could you let me know what device you are using?

Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,720 Views)