From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI FBUS-Configurator

My application consist in a NI USB-8486 convertor connected to a Biffi Fieldbus Valve with integrated PID (FF 2000 v4 ,revision 2). I'm using NI FBUS Configurator software from National Instrumens to create a test project for PID control. For the phisical bus connection i'm using some Phoenix Contact connectors with cables and power supply for the bus. I succeeded to download a simple configuration in Biffi and to force some Open/Close commands through the DO Block but i cann't make any movement using the PID. I tried to use the PID Feedback Control template replaceing the coresponding blocks (follwing the manual instructions) and no succes!! In monitoring all the configured blocks are in the correct Block_Mode,  I can see that the pid algorithm is reacting when i change the setpoint from a second AI block(in Manual mode) that i use for this purpose, the Transducer block seems to display correct information - regarding the Setpoint_Read, Position, and the Command_Read:"Enable setpoint"( I'm not sure if this is the correct active command for this parameter) and still ...the movement is not triggered.

I attached also the project, maybe you can give me a hint about this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,627 Views)

I noticed that the "CAS_IN" parameter in your PID block is in "Good_NonCascade" status. Could you try to configure it to the "Good_Cascade" status through changing some PID options?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,618 Views)

I'm working for the firs time with Fieldbus, and frankly...i have no ideea witch parameter should i change in PID block besides the Scaling parameters witch seems to be correct. But, as you can see in the attached image, the feedback Position apears with Status_Quality:Good_NonCascade in the TransducerBlock1, also in the AI block and I don't understand why, ...as long the value of the current position is exactly as that one displayed on the Biffi valve. I tried to change some parameters anyway...but no success 😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,611 Views)