FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate code error number -11

HI

When I start  up my program using NI Configurator I get the following error messages:

1. Read block list fail error- NIF-ERR-COMM-ERROR-COMM ERROR (CODE ERROR= -11)
  2. READ DATA OBJECT FAIL ERROR  -NIF-ERR-INVALIDE-DESCRIPTOR-THE INPUT DESCCRIPTOR IS INVALID (ERROR CODE= -1)
  3. READ DATA OBJECT FAIL ERROR -NIF-ERR-OBSOLETE-DEVICE-OBSOLETE DEVICE (ERROR CODE= -14)

After......................communication when i download my program i get following error message:

• ERRR-NIF-CONF-ERR-CONFIGURATION-FAILD -CHECK THE DOWNLOAD LOG FOR ERROR,CORRECT AND DOWNLOAD AGAIN (ERROR CODE = -1057)

Using

FP-3000

PCMCIA-FBUS/2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,402 Views)
It is a little bit complicated to explain the communication error "NIF_ERR_COMM_ERROR". But I suggest you check the physical wiring and connection first, to make the connection between PCMCIA-FBUS and FP-3000 is proper. Then you might change the advanced network parameter settings and try again:

1. Close NI-FBUS Configurator and Communications Manager;
2. Run Interface Configuration Utility, click the "port0" and choose "Edit", then choose "Advanced" button;
3. Press the button "Old Default" of the dialog "H1 Advanced Stack Configuration", then close the Interface Configuration Utility;
4. Restart NI-FBUS Comm Manager and Configurator again, connect to FP-3000 and try again, see whether it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,394 Views)
Hello,

I'm having problems with my H1 communication. I using a Softing FG-100 FF/HSE gateway connected on 2 Smar FF/4-20mA converters. When the NI-FBUS Configurator tries to make the connections, the error 11 appear...

DEVICE "IF302D4261" - ID=0003020003:SMAR-IF302:004812713: <retry 2>
 *    read vfd list...fail Error - NIF_ERR_COMM_ERROR - Comm error. (Error Code = -11) (27 17:27:30)
  LINK "E-LD PORT 1001" is currently idle.  (27 17:27:31)

I don't know what is wrong. Anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,325 Views)
According to the error message,  it failed on "get VFD list", which should be an error reported by H1 port of Softing HSE/H1 linking device. Can you try to connect to any other H1 deivce (none Smar device)? See whether the other devices encounter the same communication failure error?

On the other hand, it might be also helpful if you have other H1 interface (like NI PCI-FBUS/2 or PCMCIA-FBUS) card to try to connect to these Smar devices, see whether the Smar devices have problem in H1 communications.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,313 Views)
Hi! Thanks for your atention!

I can't try to connect to any other H1 device because I have only that Smar converters and the Softing gateway.
Where can I find the NI-FBUS Configurator error messages explanation?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(9,306 Views)

You can find some error message from Appendix A of "Configurator User Manual", which is included in NI-FBUS Configurator software installation.

But the error message "read VFD list fail" probably is caused by H1 communications failure when H1 port of Softing HSE/H1 linking device tries to establish basic communication channel (VCR) to access the VFD (like MIB or FB VFD). 

Another thing is that you can try to access the Softing HSE linking device through its web service (HTTP), and you might try to clear or reset the hardware, see whether it helps or not.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(9,298 Views)