From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE COMUNICATION IN THE NI-8486

I've attached a photo of my powerhub. Connected are H1 devices, one of them being USB-8486.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(6,930 Views)

look at these pictures i showed you how i plugged my power hub device and then i run the program and it showed me an error in activation code i think it was another kind of problem but when i am asking for a new code i received a message with this:

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconvenience; however, the submitted serial number does not require activation. This product can be used without an activation code.

Please see below links for more information:
http://www.ni.com/license/product_activation.htm
http://www.ni.com/activate
http://www.ni.com/license/activation_faq.htm

Regards,
National Instruments Services Programs

----- Forwarded by National Instruments - Customer Services [TMD] -----

Heleodoro Cordova Jauregui

<heleodoro.cordova@coimsur.com.mx>

To:

<activate@ni.com>

Cc:

Date:

2014-03-31 10:28:27.0

Subject:

RV: Enviando por correo electrónico: NIProductsLicenseForm

so i will show you all the files i have until today.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(6,915 Views)

these are other files

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(6,914 Views)

these are other files the second part or maybe the third

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(6,913 Views)

Hi JAUREGUI_HELIO,

With the photos, I can only assume you've connected USB-8486 to the powerhub (KLD2-pc-1.1) correctly, if the black wire connected to the 123 456 side on the lower port is USB-8486. If so, there should be no problem.

The reason you've got the email response saying you do not need activation is most likely because you've only purchased the USB-8486 hardware. It could be intended so because NI-FBUS Communication Manager is free for use, using which you can develop application using the API provided (C, VB, .NET, and VI), thus you do not need to activation NI-FBUS Configurator or Monitor which are paid software.

You can give me your serial number for me to check whether your have purchased NI-FBUS Configurator and/or Monitor in your order's configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(6,908 Views)

ok the Serial Number: 15AFF72 i would like that you help me.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(6,895 Views)

15AFF72 (with software SN H21J14996 on the CD) is NI-FBUS Communication Manager only, and doesn't include NI-FBUS Configurator or Monitor. Please check with your purchasing department.

If you need to configure FF network online, you'll have to use NI-FBUS Configurator.

The product page is here

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(6,890 Views)