FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE COMUNICATION IN THE NI-8486

WHEN I PLUG ALL THE WIRES IN THE FIELDBUS SEGMENT AND WHEN I PLUG THE NI USB 8486 TO THE COMPUTER IT SHOWS ME A PROBLEM ABOUT NO DEVIDE FOUND AND I AM RUNING THE NI INTERFACE COMUNICATOR WHAT IS THE ANSWER ABOUT.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(11,269 Views)

I'm not sure I fully understand you.

What do you mean by "no devide(sic) found"? You mean you could not find USB-8486 or other H1 devices in the network?

You can show me a screenshot of the error message.

You also need to make sure that you have connected the wire to a powerhub correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(11,262 Views)

i mean your second answer i plugged the usb and its recognized by the computer but when i am using the software to search a device like a DVC6200 from fisher it cant be recognized by the way so i dont know what to do, because when i plugged a DVC with communication hart it appears in the display but when i am trying with a foundation fielbus protocol it cant work wit the NI8486 so i will upload an image to solve this problem thanks a lot for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(11,247 Views)

"when i am using the software to search a device like a DVC6200 from fisher it cant be recognized" - I wonder how you did this exactly.

Your description seems to me that you do not yet know how NI-FBUS works. I recommand that you try to follow the documents which have walk through for setting up a correct connection.

Or, go here for NI-FBUS Hardware and Software User Manual, and here for NI-FBUS Configurator User Manual.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(11,240 Views)

HERE YOU HAVE THE CONECTION WIRE FROM A PEPPER MODULE TO A DVC FROM FISHER I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLES WITH THE COMUNICATION DEVICE.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(11,228 Views)

Hi JAUREGUI_HELIO,

From your second photo, I wonder how you connected USB-8486 into the network, since I don't know what it is. You need to connect it into the H1 network through a power hub, rather than right onto certain device.
If what the first photo shows is a power hub, then you should connect it to a free port on that device.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(11,211 Views)

Hi JAUREGUI_HELIO,

How's this issue going? If it still doesn't work, you can provide me with the type of the device in the first photo for me to check. Currently I cannot be sure of its usage. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(11,187 Views)

the model in the first photo is KLD2-pc-1.1.IEC brand PEPPERL+FUCHS i will be waiting for your answer and i will thank you this.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(11,177 Views)

KLD2-pc-1.1.IEC is indeed a power hub. Have you tried to connect USB-8486 to it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(11,171 Views)

can you help me to plug correctly the power hub to the fieldbus device.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(11,165 Views)