FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to activate the NI Fbus Ver 4

I have tryed the online activation, fill out all the info then when i hit continue i get an error, i then tried the phone activation line gave all my info and it said technical error, i then stayed on the line and talked to someone who also tryed it online and same result, i was told to try the forums for help. I am trying to activate NI-FBUS Ver 4

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,662 Views)

Hi,

The activation request you encountered is for NI-FBUS Configurator. NI-FBUS Configurator is a graphical tool for complete FF network configuration. Its license needs extra purchasing. 

Another NI-FBUS software you installed is Communications Manager. Communications Manager provides the drivers for NI-FBUS interface devices and APIs for accessing FF network. You can build your own FF applications using the APIs. Communications Manager is free of charge and does not need activation.

If you are using Communications Manager only, there is no need to do any activation.

Could you send your serial number to fieldbus.support@ni.com? I will check the activation status for you. Thanks.

Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,659 Views)