FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Needed to Use National Instruments NI FBUS Hardware [USB-8486] on Linux Platform

Hello All,
We want to build an application in Linux platform. We want to know is there any driver for NI FBUS Hardware [USB-8486] on Linux Platform.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,040 Views)

Hello,

NI-FBUS 14.0 is the last version which could support RT target. Please download it here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,034 Views)

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,029 Views)

Hello,

I verified the link you shared and there is no executable for Linux platform. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,019 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

You said "there is no executable for Linux platform". Did you install NI-FBUS 14.0 and test it on Linux target? What's the status now? Could you please send me a screenshot of your question?

For confirming, you can open NI-FBUS Interface Configuration Utility to searching the cRIO chassis and USB-8486.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(9,015 Views)

Link you shared can be used to install only in windows operating system. It's not possible to run*.exe or *.msi executables in Linux operating system.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,013 Views)

Hello,

I think there are some mistakes for this issue.

For NI products, typically, we use NI-MAX to install software and drivers to RT targets. We install software and drivers to Windows firstly, then we install these software and drivers to RT targets through NI-MAX.

According your question, I guess you use the desktop Linux, not RT Linux, is it right? If so, I am sorry to say NI-FBUS and USB-8486 cannot support other desktop OS except Windows.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,007 Views)