FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need NI-FUSB Card for Turck Busstop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am currently in the process of learning the Foundation Fieldbus system, my company uses Turck's Fieldbus Busstop system and my job is to figure out how to make it work properly inside of our equipment. My question is will I need to get a NI-FUSB PCMCIA card for this system to function properly? I am sorry if this is a noob question, I am a noob intern so this is all pretty new to me. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Turckdfw

Hi Truckdfw,

What exactly do you want to achieve? Making it work properly in side of your equipment is too vague.

You use FBUS interface card to interact with FF devices in an H1 network. You can access parameters and control devices.

Go to this page for more detailed information. (I don't recommend you use PCMCIA card. USB-8486 is a better choice.)

If you need to download LAS (Likning Active Schedule) into devices, you will need NI-FBUS Configurator as well.

On each page of the product page, there are more resource links. You may find them useful.

Message 2 of 3
(8,544 Views)

Thank you for the reply LewisL, I am trying to interface the Buststop BL20-GW-DNET with a bioreactor at my work and I need to figure out exactly what parts I will need, the Bioreactor is basically a hybrid of 3 companies systems (Bionet, Broadley James, Emerson) and I need to get the FF communicating with it to access parameters and control/test devices. I am an Engineering student doing an internship at the place I am working, so I have limited experience in this area and want to make sure to order the right parts. Thank you for the info on the card, I have the one you linked bookmarked so I can show my boss when he comes in and get it ordered. Thank you again for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,538 Views)