FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD_SIZE_MISMATCH / Reading DDs in NIFB-Configurator

I always get a DD_SIZE_MISMATCH error, even after I have installed the correct DD. I think, the configuration utility did not correctly configure the configurator for two reasons: whenever I call the Interface Configuration Utility, it only shows NI-FBUS and thats it. If I press DD-Info, it alwas forgets the base path. It does actually copy the configuration files into the folder, but that's all it does (??)
Is there a dafe way to install a DD and how can I check, what the configurator is actually really using?
I'm using NIFB 2.3.6 under Windows XP and the device is a simple Pepperl+Fuchs FDO-VC-Ex4.FF
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,095 Views)
You need to restart NI-FBUS Communications Manager (nifb.exe) after you imported new DD files, because Configurator get DD attributes from NI-FBUS CM.

In addition, the DD info are organized as "Data">"Vendor ID">"Device Type">DD Files format in NI-FBUS installation path, the DD import just copy correct DD files into proper location as you said, but it works well. And you should not change the original DD base path, otherwise all of DD files will not be found correctly.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,095 Views)
Sorry, this does not solve the problem!
But I found the solution, there is a severe bug in NIFB which requires NIFB to be run under the Administrator account. *I* can live with that, but I can hardly think of any serious application, that could live with that.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,095 Views)