FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurator on Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

I have several installations of CM and Configurator with HSE support running on XP with no issues (with the same HW setup).  I've purchased the latest version 4.1.1 and installed it on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit PC, and cannot get it to work.  The machine has 2 NICs in it, one of which connects to a switch, which my Softing FG-100 Linking Device is connected to.  I've tested the setup with an XP machine and it works.

First, I couldn't get CM to see the hardware, but after disabling the firewall on the private network, it now sees the LD without issues.  However, when I start Configurator, it won't go past the initial project selection dialog, and if I try it with the Dialog utility, it takes 3 1/2 minutes to open a session, and won't open anything under that.

Does anybody have any insight as to what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Reiner

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(10,067 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reiners

I uploaded a new version of NI-FBUS 4.1.1 with some bugs (related to HSE) fixed here.

Would you please try this one out first? 

Please download within 72 hours. Check your message box in here for password.

Note that this is not an official release. This is only for HSE-related users.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 11
(10,059 Views)

Hi reiners,

Please also try this after installation of NI-FBUS software:

1. Go to the Device Manger of Windows (right-click on My Computer and click on Manage)

2. Under Device Manager, choose "Other device - PCI Simple Communication  Controller" (if it's not recognized yet) and right-click on it and choose Uninstall.

3. Click in the utility bar above "Scan for hardware changes" and now you see this unknown device again.

4. Right-click on it and choose Update Driver... and you'll see the hardware update wizard.

("No, not this time.">>Install the software automatically.)

5. Now you should see the interface card normally in Interface Configuration Utility and use it normally.

If this caused the error, sorry for your inconvenience and we are going to fix this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(10,048 Views)

Hi Lewis,

I'm not using a PCI adapter, I'm using ethernet to a linking device (HSE).

Thanks,

Reiner

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(10,038 Views)

Hi Lewis,

I downloaded the zip but I cannot get it to install.  If I run autorun it reports "Encountered an improper argument.".  If I try to run setup in the configurator folder, it says it can't find the .ini file, which I assume means it needs a higher level installer to set it up first.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Reiner

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(10,036 Views)

Hi Reiner,

I tested what I've uploaded and neither the autorun nor the setup.exe under the Configurator folder encountered an error.

I'm thinking that your environment might have been polluted. Maybe you can try the installer on a clean machine?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(10,029 Views)

Lewis,

Unfortunately, I don't have another machine to try it on.  This is our first tester setup on Windows 7 (it is a fresh install).  I guess I'll keep hammering at it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,022 Views)

Hi Lewis,

I managed to get your beta version to install, and everything seems to work now.  Will there be an official release soon?

Thanks,

Reiner

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(9,990 Views)

Hi Reiner,

This installer (versioned 4.1.1) will remain a special version for HSE purpose only. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(9,979 Views)

Hi Lewis,

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand.  I purchased version 4.1.1 with H1 and HSE support specifically.  As I understand it, the version that you sent me has fixed bugs that allows HSE to work properly, which I appreciate receiving.  However, if these fixes aren't released as the next version, then NI is selling a product that is meant specifically for HSE, that doesn't work over HSE (at least in my case).

Reiner

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(9,971 Views)