From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brick Beeping

I took a RobotC brick and plugged it into a compute with Labview on it.  When I started Labview I pulled up an NXT terminal.  the firmware was incorrect of course so I started an update.  The update got through the first section, locating NXT, and then stopped and the brick just beeps now.  Any suggestions of how to fix it?  Two bricks have done this to me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,330 Views)

This is a new issue relating to the NXT Driver unable to detect bricks in firmware update mode. I have seen it on one other computer and the best workaround was just updating the brick from another computer.

What kind of computer and OS version are you using? Do you have any other NI software installed, in particular something that might have included/updated NI-VISA?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,442 Views)

This also hapenned to me with two bricks in a row (just doing a firmware upgrade using LabVIEW).

I was using a Windows 8 Machine.   

I also had mindstorms 2.1 software loaded.  This also could not find the brick.

Both bricks updated fine on another PC.

My logical assumption was dubious drivers.

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,442 Views)

I have successfully updated a RobotC brick to LabVIEW on my Windows 8 machine.

NOTE: I had downloaded NXT-G 2.1 on that same machine, and many things NI went awry. I chose to uninstall all things NI, and performed a fresh install of LabVIEW 2012/MCT. It is now the only NI software I have installed.  (A fresh install is how I've had to handle .dll errors too. 'Repairs' were not successful.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,442 Views)