From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nipcibrd.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I was trying to install FRC Game Tools using NI Package Manager (NIPM). When the installation finished, it asked me to reboot my PC, which then gave me a BSOD, with the error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and what failed was the nipcibrd.sys file - National Instruments PCI Bridge Driver at C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\nipcibrd.sys.

I tried reinstalling Windows, and I successfully installed Game Tools without any errors. However, as soon as I tried installing anything that requires a reboot to finish the installation, particularly Docker, I was met with the same error. I have upgraded all my NI products in NIPM to the latest version and updated Windows to the latest version, yet the error persists. 

I tried disabling nipcibrd.sys using Autoruns, but then my PC would get another BSOD with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

The following are some information regarding my device:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
OS Version: 10.0.22000 N/A Build 22000
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: N/A
Registered Organization: N/A
Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA810
Original Install Date: 12/4/2021, 1:50:03 PM
System Boot Time: 12/14/2021, 4:35:33 PM
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421IAY_M413IA
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 23 Model 96 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~2000 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. X421IAY.305, 7/31/2020

Please help me resolve this issue.

Comments
JensG69
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

I am currently having a similar issue. I got a new laptop with an Intel i7-1260p CPU.

I installed several LabVIEW versions from 2018 to 2021 including many hardware drivers (which results that PXI Platform Support and thus the driver nipcibrd.sys is added).

But as soon as I activate anything from the Hyper-V support after the LabVIEW driver-installations (like the Windows package VM platform) I get a BSOD in Windows 11 like mentioned above. In Windows 10 it is fairly similar, just without the BSOD, but Windows will not start with the combination Hyper-V active AND NI hardware drivers. Even an update of the NI PXI Platform Services 22.5 did not solve the issue.

By chance I deactivated the VT-d support (i.e. the intel(R) virtulization technology for directed I/O) and as strange it has been after that no BSOD anymore.

Perhaps this will work for others that might experience similar issue.

I opened a support request at NI, lets see if they can come up with a fix.

Kudos are welcome...
anissimov.58@ya.ru
on

Hi Guys, 

Same issue. Hyper V + NI results in BSOD. Have not found a solution yet. 
Win 10 Pro

Thinkpad T14 gen4 with i5 1335u