FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new installation of driver station does not communicate with robot

We are setting up a new win 10 laptop to use for development and as a driver station.

The driver station does see the joystick, but does not communicate with the roborio

We have installed the latest NI 2018 FRC update. 

We have installed JAVA + Eclipse+ CTR toolkit

The windows defender firewall is disabled as well as real time virus scan. 

The roborio has driver code and is fully functional when connected to a different win 10 computer

The driver station on the new disfunctional computer does show the correct team number

The imaging tool does recognize the roborio at 172.22.11.2

The computer is able to PING the address 172.22.11.2   

The status light on the roborio is dark.

We have spoken on the phone with one of your service techs and she now says this is beyond her experience. 

Any thoughts?   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,336 Views)

Hello nphs3863,

I find interesting we can ping the roboRIO, and see it from the imaging too, with just the DS not detecting it correctly. You mention the firewalls and windows defender are off. I believe running the DS as admin can be a good troubleshooting step, too. I have some questions that might help to find where the error is coming from:

• Does the DS show the same behavior when connected through Ethernet (instead of USB)?
  • How about accessing the Web Interface, can you open the roboRIO's settings with Internet Explorer?
  • Do you recall seeing any warning or errors during the installation of the FRC Update Suite?
  • You can also try a force reinstall of the software, or perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the FRC Update Suite (to make sure the problem is not related to an issue with the program in the non-working computer, since the other computers do work).
  • Can you post an image of how the Diagnostics tab of the driver station looks like when you connect the robot and it is correctly pinged by the non-working computer?

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,307 Views)