From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio-FRC II won't format in Imaging Tool

My FRC team's cRio became unresponsive and we have a presentation for our team next week.  We borrowed a cRio from a neighboring school (both cRios are cRio-FRC II) but I am unable to format it.  Using the FRC cRio imaging tool 2014, I can see the cRio including its current Information (mac, name, ip address, version).  When I click Format, change the name, and put in our team's number and click apply I get the following.  Finding cRio, Determining IP address, and than I get an error message that the IP Address can not be changed, make so the DIP switch is sto the set ip. 

The dip switch option in the imaging tool are shaded out in a dark blue box.  I am not change any of the switches. 

I have tried going directly connected to teh cRio and through a switch, same problem.  I have also tried putting the cRio in safe mode by holding down the reset button for 5 seconds.  Still no luck.  The crio is still in the other teams IP scheme.

Sorry if this is a little confusing, I am a bit new to this and can use all the help i can get!    thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,736 Views)

Make sure your computers Local Area Connection IP address is:

IP Address:        10.xx.yy.6

Subnet Mask:     255.255.255.0 not 255.0.0.0

Defalt Gateway:  10.xx.yy.4 not blank

where xx.yy is your team number.

And make sure your Firewall is turned off.

Then try again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,843 Views)