FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO imaging problem

I tried using the switch from the router, but I can give a standalone hub a try.  I was looking over the updates to the DriverStation and Utilities and noticed something interesting.  They still had the same file names as when I downloaded it on the kickoff day, but I downloaded it again and ran md5's on each of them and the md5's were different from the download I did on the 7th.  Maybe labview tried to sneak an update in right after the kickoff of something like that?  Just to sanity check myself, I downloaded the FRCDriverStationUpdate twice and ran md5's against themselves and those matched up.  So something has changed between now and the 7th.  We have a meeting tonight, I'll let you know if anything behaves differently.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 65
(1,607 Views)

Hey Lorchness,

The only update I know of between now and the 7th is that we reposted the updates without password protection.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 65
(1,607 Views)

That is probably what it is.  The filesizes looked similar, but the md5's were off and that would be enough to change the checksums.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 65
(1,607 Views)

I was helping six rookie teams get setup with their kits right after the Kickoff presentation. They all used the PC classmate with FRC LabVIEW installed, and with the SW updates performed in proper order: LV, Utilities, Driver Station. We followed the "Getting Started with the 2012 FRC Control System" manual for IP configurations, etc. When it came time to running the cRIO imaging tool, the teams connected their classmate to the cRIO II directly with the crossover cable,  Only one of the six teams was successful with the imaging tool. The other five experienced the same exact error that wolfeman555 posted.

The workshop ended and we could not resolve the imaging problem for the five teams. On recollection, the one thing the successful team did differently from the other teams was that they had their cRIO connected but initially un-powered when they started the imaging tool. After powering the cRIO II, they refreshed the tool's front panel, saw the connected cRIO and start the imaging process.

Not sure if this approach will help, but good luck to all.

Regards,
Iggy Calalang

CTA Badge CPI Badge

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 65
(1,607 Views)

Thanks for the info Iggyfromboston. We are continuing to work on what may be causing the issue using that tool. We will post back any information we find on this error here.  Any additional information about the computers that were having the issue or if you do find a way around it would be very useful.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 65
(1,607 Views)

Having this exact problem. Tried to image the CRIO from two different computers. One is an old IBM Thinkpad, Dual core, XP and the other is a Newer HP, I5 processor running W7. Did have one thought as I started setting up our classmate driver's station. Is there any concern about the ORDER in which you install updates. There are three mandatory updates as you set up the classmate. The Getting Started guide tells you to load the one called 2263 first (Driver's station update). Then you go and get the utitlite update and the labview update. If you load these in the wrong order... Will it affect the setup? We'll see if this one can image the CRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 65
(1,607 Views)

Tried one more computer on this. I completed the re-image of the classmate and tried to image the RIO from there. Same error as described by Wolfeman555. That's three different PC that won't create the image.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 65
(1,607 Views)

So I tried the 100MB hub with no luck on my laptop.   I did have time to reimage the classmate (we got our the first year it came out) and I was able to successfully image the cRIO II's.  Same software, same updates and same procedure.  I don't know if that helps at all, but using the classmate worked for us.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 65
(1,607 Views)

I was also hoping that the Classmate would come to the rescue. I updated our classmate (orginal first batch) and tried it. No luck. I AM  trying to reimage the old CRIO but it hasn't worked yet.  I haven't tried it on the CRIOII yet, but I will try the CRIOII tonight. Anything else I should try? Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 65
(1,607 Views)

I had issues with the old cRIO at first as well.  What worked for me was moving the SAFE mode DIP switch to on.  Then image the cRIO.  The image tool will see that you have the safe mode DIP switch enabled and ask you if you want to reformat the cRIO (say yes).  Then turn the DIP switch back to off and reboot the cRIO.  Then I was able to image the device.  Also, hooking up the cRIO to a switch or router (the switch side) does seem to make a difference.  Your computer won't lose link state when the cRIO is rebooting.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 65
(1,607 Views)