FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO ethernet port 2 not working

Hi all, It seems as though my teams ethernet port 2 on our cRIO isnt working. It used to work last year, but after reprogramming and mounting it to a new development board, it no longer works.

We are using the port to connect to the Camera, and are not able to ping the camera. We can ping the cRIO. If we plug the camera directly into the gaming adapter, we have no problems with recieving a signal, so the problem starts at the cRIO. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this, or a possible fix? any help is appriciated! Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,973 Views)

The camera's IP address must be configured differently when it is connected to the dlink and when it is connected to the cRIO port 2. When connected to the dlink, it should be configured per [FRC 2011] Send the Axis Camera Signal Directly to the Dashboard. When connected to port 2, it must be configured per How to Configure your Camera . It is also acessed differently whether it is connected directly to the dlink or through the cRIO port 2. When connected to the dlink, it can be accessed through a web browser, or through the VI in the first link. When the camera is connected to port 2 of the cRIO, it can only be accessed through the routines in the default dashboard. You are not supposed to be able to ping the camera from the outside world when it is connected to cRIO port 2.

If I had to guess, I'd say your problem is a configuration issue from switching between configurations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,574 Views)