From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 Activation Failure

Received new CTL Classmate as part of Rookie 4924 KOP. When powered up, it immediately said the Windows Activation was needed. Reimaged it to Intel E12 LabVIEW image and installed NI software and updates. even did the image fix update.

But under Start bubble, computer, Right click for properties, it shows less than a week of Windows activation left. Verified internet access, but attempts to activate online come back with error code 0x8007267C (more info says error is "No DNS servers configured for local system".

Thanks!

FRC has published an activation fix zip file and procedure file under http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/control-system.

You may have to close the popup dialog box and go back in and mouse click inside the command prompt window to regain command prompt selection.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: gto70ski

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,733 Views)

Hi gto70ski,

It looks like this issue is being discussed over on the FIRST forums here. If you've been trying to install from your flash drive, you can try downloading instead.

I hope this helps!

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,946 Views)

Emily,

I went to the FIRST forum you linked and found their suggestion to go to the 2011 KOP website and get the windows 7 activation procedure.

I got the procedure but the link for the activation zip files has been removed. Only a holding line.

thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,946 Views)