FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecoverable RoboRIO error?

Solved!
Go to solution

Yes, I called at around 5pm. After some debugging, they said they'd have to look into it and would get back to me. Since I didn't get a call back earlier, I should be getting an email or a call tomorrow.

Unfortunately, ours doesn't enter safe mode at all, and doesn't even show up as a USB device. Thus it doesn't show up in the imaging tool.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39
(2,361 Views)

Walter,

Are you able to reimage the roboRIO in SafeMode connected via USB?

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 39
(2,361 Views)

jcreigh,

We are currently working on the issue you are seeing with your roboRIO and you should expect a phone call today.

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39
(2,361 Views)

Okay. Thanks

One odd thing is that the web interface only works for two of the options (top and bottom). For example, I can't open the network settings

Is there a permissions issue? I log in with admin

Walter

-

"I.B.Hating" <web.community@ni.com> wrote:

I.B.Hating created the discussion

"Re: Unrecoverable RoboRIO error?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/90527#90527

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39
(2,361 Views)

No, it fails with the same message.

Thanks,

Walter

-

"I.B.Hating" <web.community@ni.com> wrote:

I.B.Hating created the discussion

"Re: Unrecoverable RoboRIO error?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/90524#90524

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39
(2,361 Views)

TEAM 1758

I continue to have problems with our roboRIO:

1.  As directed, I used NI MAX to format the device

2.  Used FRC roboRIO tool to image, with the same error message as before

3.  However, the web interface now displayed an image name (see next post)

4.  Tried to deploy C++ test "getting started" with authentication failure for account lvuser (see post below)

5.  Checked accounts via web interface, which only lists "admin"

Could it be the image is installed correctly, but the script does not complete some of the setup for accounts?  Is there a log for the image operations?

Thanks,

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39
(2,361 Views)

I have tried the imaging operations with a 2.8 GHz quad system 64 bit Windows 7    same problem

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39
(2,361 Views)

We are also having a similar issue with our second roboRio.  We updated the firmware and reimaged the roboRio through the web page.  We updated the firmware on the PCM and PDP.  We then powered off the robot to put the breakers for the motors in the PDP.  When the roboRio came back up, the status light was flashing.  It is no longer recognized as a USB device by the PC.

Pressed reset and still was unable to communicate with the roboRio.

Is there a way to correct this, and set the roboRio back to default settings to start again?  Is there another way to communicate with the roboRio?

Thanks,

Mark (team 1094)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39
(2,361 Views)

Hi Mark

What type of flash pattern was the roboRIO displaying?  Was it a single, continous flash, or in groups of 2 or 3?  Here is a handy reference for status lights: http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/4485/m/24166/l/144972-status-light-quick-reference

How have you tried connecting to the roboRIO?  Are you able to communicate via USB or ethernet?  If no, have you tried using both the mDNS name (roboRIO-[team number].local) and the IP addresses (USB is 172.22.11.2)?

Are you able to ping the roboRIO via USB or ethernet?

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39
(2,361 Views)

The flash is a constant flash.  According to the chart, it is an Unrecoverable error.

I have tried connecting using the USB cable. 

The PC does not recognize the roboRio as a USB device.  Without a connection to the PC, I cannot ping. 

I have not attempted to connect with ethernet yet,

I can try that tonight.  If I do connect with ethernet, shoud I attempt to re-image the roboRio?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39
(2,361 Views)