FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecoverable RoboRIO error?

Solved!
Go to solution

While playing around with the RoboRIO we got back in December, we somehow got it into an error state we can't get it out of.

The Status LED is flashing constantly, which the documents say is an "unrecoverable error". While we were indeed poking around a lot, I have no idea how we managed to mess up the safemode. We didn't try to edit the ramfs at all. Anyway, from what I understand, the bootloader can attempt to read a recovery image from a flash drive. Is there a recovery image available? If not, what should we do?

Luckily we have the one we got in the kit up and working, so definitely not going to mess that one up.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 39
(17,894 Views)

If you press and hold the RESET button, does your roboRIO go into Safe Mode?  That should allow you to use the roboRIO Imaging Tool to work with the device.

Message 2 of 39
(6,182 Views)

Nope. No matter what I do, the status light starts blinking steadily. I'm under the impression this means that our safemode filesystem is some how corrupted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 39
(6,182 Views)

I have a similar problem with our Roborio.  The image update did not complete and the device began flashing the status light continuously (see attached screenshot).  I used safe mode to retry, but the result is the same.  The device web page does not respond.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 39
(6,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jcreigh

I think you need to make a service request with and Application Engineer to get access to the recovery image and to get help with the process to recover. Call 866-511-6285.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 39
(6,182 Views)

Okay,

I'll call Tuesday.

Thanks!

Walter

-

DAQjr <web.community@ni.com> wrote:

DAQjr created the discussion

"Re: Unrecoverable RoboRIO error?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/90344#90344

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 39
(6,182 Views)

Hi Walter,

We're available today from 1-7pm CST. We're looking into the issue and look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 39
(6,182 Views)

Roborio_Team1758.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 39
(6,182 Views)

Thank you for the screenshot, Walter. Are you able to put your roboRIO into SafeMode? You can do this by holding down the reset button for approximately 10 seconds.

jcreigh, have you called in to the NI support phone number? If not, we reccommend that you do since it is easier for us to help you troubleshoot over the phone. The number is: 866-511-6285.

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 39
(6,182 Views)

Hi IB,

Yes, I am able to place the device in safe mode after the update fails.

Thanks,

Walter

-

"I.B.Hating" <web.community@ni.com> wrote:

I.B.Hating created the discussion

"Re: Unrecoverable RoboRIO error?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/90454#90454

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 39
(6,181 Views)