FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The VI is not executable

I installed the new LabVIEW and installed the update, and reimaged the robot. Our 2010 code is working fine. However I'm having trouble with our 2010 dashboard.

I can run it in debug mode just fine. However, when I build the executable and run the executable, I get the error message "The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors" This message is repeated many times. This occurs whether I run the executable on the classmate or on my development computer.

We had made some somewhat invasive changes to the default dashboard, but other then backing those out one by one, I'd be interested in other people's ideas on how to debug this.

I've attached a zip file of the project as well as the executable in case that is helpful.

Message was edited

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,480 Views)

Howdy sciencewhiz!

I downloaded your project and was able to replicate the behavior you are seeing on my test machine.  The dashboard appears to run fine in the development environment, but when trying to run it as an executable I received this message:

error.png

I am not certain what's causing this error in your cause, but it may be possible that a toolkit or some other component you are using has changed version number since 2010 and therefore is not properly associated the license in the system.  Basically, I see two ways to approach this issue:

1. Start removing pieces of your dashboard code to determine which part is causing the error.

2. Start from scratch with a new 2011 project.

Personally, I would recommend going with the second option and starting from scratch with 2011.

-Barron

Barron
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,989 Views)

By selectively disabling parts of the code, I was able to determine that it was some of the IMAQ functions that were causing the problem. I've attached a minimal project that reproduces the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,989 Views)

Hey sciencewhiz,

Thanks for narrowing down the problem VI that closely!  I was able to recreate the error with a new Dashboard project created in LabVIEW FRC 2011 using the IMAQ Detect Shapes VI as you pointed out.  This would suggest that the problem is not being caused by version differences between 2010 and 2011 as I had previously suspected.

At the moment I don't have an answer for why this error is occuring.  I will notify R&D to see if it is something that can be fixed in a future update.

-Barron

Barron
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,989 Views)

Consider R&D notified.  I'm looking into this and will let you know what I find.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,989 Views)

Note that there seem to be multiple IMAQ VIs that cause the problem. Hopefully finding the root cause for that one VI will also fix the others.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,989 Views)

Right - I'm aware of the multiple IMAQ VIs issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,989 Views)

I saw that LabVIEW update 3.1 was supposed to fix this issue. However, I have not had a chance to try it. However, there is another thread reporting the same issue (or similar) issue after installiing update 3.1 How to invert camera image on driver station?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,989 Views)

You may still see an issue if you didn't install LabVIEW on your classmate.  If that is the case, you can copy over a couple of files from your updated LabVIEW install to make this work.  Try this.  Copy these two files:

Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\8.6\lvrt.dll

Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\8.6\English\lvapp.rsc

from your computer with the updated LabVIEW install to your classmate.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,989 Views)