From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teleoperator vs. Autonomous Modes

My FTC team has spent the last couple of weeks playing around with the DualTemplate VI in LabVIEW, but the annotations in the template are a bit confusing. It tells us that under the false condition, we should add autonomous OR tele-op code, but not both. If we choose to add the automous code here, where should we add our tele-op code? Also, what is the correct way for attaching the tele-op VI in the template VI? If anyone can help us navigate our way through this, it will be greatly appreciated.

thanks =D

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,622 Views)

I beleive that you will need two sepparatre programs.

One for Telop and one for Autonomous.

So, you'll actually need to use the template twice to create two program.

In one you'll insert your Telop code in the other you'll insert your Auton code.

This still doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but that's what I can figure out.

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,076 Views)

If I understand your question correctly then I'm pretty sure that you will need to add both the teleoperated and autonomous codes. In order to do so you have to use what is called a called a case structure and use one code for true and another for false. I'm not sure of the specifics because my team hasn't gotten the chance to really sit down and work with lab view and frc code, but this is how they explained it to me in both of the lab view trainings I attended.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,076 Views)

If you haven't received your early control system, I wouldn't worry about semantics; Installing the provided software will change everything

If you have received the early control system, follow the LabVIEW robotics programming guide for FRC.pdf and FRC_Framework.pdf in that order to get a feel of how the code should be organized.  These docs are available from the NI.com/first site.  I suggest starting a project using the basic format.  It is much easier to understand.  You should probably open up all subVIs and notice haw things are connected.  The devref semantics can be a bit confusing, but enough poking around should clear things up.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,076 Views)

Also look for a tutorial on using the provided frameworks to be posted shortly on the

Getting Started Programming with FRC Hardware: Videos and Tutorials

page. This tutorial, along with the documentation already mentioned, should provide a good guide to using the frameworks and where to implement code for different phases of the competition.

Best Regards,

Nate

NI FIRST Support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,076 Views)