From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret Book of FRC LabVIEW version 2.07

Hello everyone

Here is a link to version 2.07 of The Secret Book of FRC LabVIEW

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1th-nq47T9rfA-Q3k04qZ8FKV4EFaiZaR

This book is intended to provide an introduction to LabVIEW, and a lot of information about control system logic design, architecture, and a lot more.

If your team doesn’t use LabVIEW, this book contains a lot of control logic related items that may be useful to you as well.

The original book dates back to 2014. This version has been updated for the NI roboRIO, and also contains a number of new chapters. Here are the chapters:

Chapter 1 — Elements of LabVIEW Programming
Chapter 2 — Time and Timing
Chapter 3 – State Machines
Chapter 4 — Introduction to the NI roboRIO
Chapter 5 — The Robot Framework
Chapter 6 — Input and Output
Chapter 7 — Position Control
Chapter 8 — PID Control
Chapter 9 — Code Development and Testing
Chapter 10 — Image Processing
Chapter 11 — The Dashboard

I’m not the original author of this book. I contacted him and he graciously agreed to send me the original files and permit me to make this revision.

There is still work to be done. The Image Processing and Dashboard chapters could still use some revision.

If you see any bugs in the book, or have suggestions, please feel let me know.

Thanks
Jim Simpson
mentor, team 4150 FRobotics

Message 1 of 2
(2,912 Views)

Here is a sample FRC 2020 project that includes the base "arcade" robot with the simulation files added so that the robot can be simulated on a computer (as long as you use the correct I/O ports (PWM, DIO, etc.) for your motors and sensors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,726 Views)