FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoboRIO Re-image Error-80041CF0(Error Code)

Hi,   This is Mike from Team 5879. Our team hit an unexpected power down when re-imaging roboRIO, and then it indicates some error occured during firmware update. The error code is 80041CF0.   Some infor shown as follows:  1) firmware: 3.0.0f0  2) os: NI linux Real-time ARMV7-A 3.14.40-rt37-ni-3.0.0f2  3)status: Safe mode(Software error)  4)roboRIO image version: FRC_roboRIO_2015_v23   Could anyone help show how to get it fixed?    Thanks,  MIKE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,289 Views)

Mike_inno,

Is the status light constantly blinking? If so, please call into technical support (866-511-6285) for a recovery file and how to use it.

Becca B.
Product Marketing
National Instruments
Message 2 of 15
(5,603 Views)

Hi.  This is Michele from team #6112.  We didn't have any kind of power issue but we are getting the same Error code.  The status light is fine.  We cannot procede at all.  I even got to the point where I restored the laptop to factory specs and reloaded all of the software and updates. Still the same program.  Help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,603 Views)

Michele.albright,

What is the status of the LED lights on the roboRIO?

Becca B.
Product Marketing
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,603 Views)

Hello Michele and Mike,

This error occurs when you are trying to upgrade your Firmware, is that correct? How are you trying to upgrade your firmware, is it through the web interface, through MAX, or another means?

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,603 Views)

I'm assuming the web interface. I don't even know what MAX is.

-Michele

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,603 Views)

The light is on...steady.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Michele Albright <

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,603 Views)

Which light is on steady and what color is the light?

When you use the web interface, are you getting this error after you choose "Login" in the upper right corner?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,602 Views)

The big light that is connected to the roboRIO is on steady. I am able to

login but once the firmware starts to update, I get the error code. We are

currently checking the wiring to make sure we don't have a short somewhere.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,602 Views)

By "big light," do you mean the orange colored Robot Safety Light you use at competition to show the robot status?

The LEDs Brian and Rebecca meant are the six LEDs on the upper right section of the roboRIO.  They are: POWER, STATUS, RADIO, COMM, MODE, RSL.  Knowing the color and behavior of these lights will help us determine what state your roboRIO is currently in to see if this might be leading to the issues we're seeing with the update.

Which version of the firmware are you updating to?  How far into the process does it get?

Message 10 of 15
(5,602 Views)