FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [FRC 2017] NI Software Setup Guide

We loaded up the labview software and did not find the vision processing example for the peg lift vision targets.  There is a vision example for the high goal and one related to the boiler, but not the peg lift.  Will an update be published soon that contains the peg lift vision processing example?  Our programmers were really looking forward to using that.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,235 Views)

Hi JohnFM,

There is an example for the Peg Lift. If you open LabVIEW, click on Help -> Find Examples... Go to FRC Robotics \ roboRIO \ Vision \ 2017 Vision Example.lvproj

When the project opens, under My Computer there is a FRC Color Processing Low Goal Example.vi

This is setup to run on the desktop not on the roboRIO but you can use the FRC Color Processing Example that has both a desktop and a roboRIO as a template to convert it.

When you run the FRC Color Processing Low Goal Example.vi, you will need to point to the correct folder location. If you click the Folder button to the right of the Folder Location  text it will open the ...Sample Images \ Blue Boiler. Go up one folder to the Sample Images folder and from there open the LED Peg folder and click the Select Folder at the bottom. 

From there you will need to tune the algorithm to "see" the target. 

I go over the tuning part in the webcast that I did. Take a look HERE and look at the last video on that page, the NI Vision Training Session. 

Let me know if that helps!

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,730 Views)