FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting through the vision training

First I'd like to complement the training being provided in this forum.  Some of the best getting started training I have ever seen.

I am having an issue with the vision one.  I get through it fine till I try to generate the VI.  It says it is creating the VI and then it just prompts me again for the VI name then puts up a new blank VI.

I haven't seen any errors and can't find any log files.  I have been through all of the other training and had no issues with them.

Thanks for the help!

Darrell

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,599 Views)

Hi Darrell,

I'm glad that you've been finding the getting started training useful! Let's see what we can do about the VI generation problem:

1) Is the Vision Assistant FRC activated on your computer? You can check this from the License Manager (programs>>National Instruments>>License Manager). It should show up with a solid yellow box next to it. If it is not, try activating Vision Assistant FRC by double-clicking on the entry, or right-clicking and selecting "activate".

2) Try having LabVIEW open in the background before you try generating a VI from Vision Assistant.

If neither of these options work, please post back and let me know what your license configuration is for the Vision software.

Best Regards,

~Nate

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,030 Views)

I think it is activated.

In the license manager I see "NI Vision Assistant FRC"  This one is activated and does not expire till 1-15-2010

I also have " NI Vision Assistant" and it just has a half yellow square and will expire 1-14-2009.

Labview and a few others are also full yellow squares.

I just tried having labview up in the backgrouond and that didn't seem to have an effect.  I still got the message "Creating Labview VI" and then it prompts me for the file name again.  It understands the file name because if I sellect the same file, it prompts me if I want to replace.  I have also taken the option to not replace and they it just creats a second blank vi.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,030 Views)

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,030 Views)

Hi Darrell,

Try right-clicking on the non-FRC Vision Assistant and deactivating, then re-starting Vision Assistant and trying to generate LV code again. I am not sure at this point what is going on, as I am able to successfully generate code from two different test machines here. On these test machines though, I have the "NI Vision Assistant FRC" with a full yellow square, and "NI Vision Assistant" a blank white square (unactivated). It could be that the NI Vision Assistant trial version (half yellow square activation status) was being called instead of NI Vision Assistant FRC. The normal trial version of Vision Assistant will not let you generate LabVIEW code, while the FRC version will.

Let me know if that makes a difference on your end. If not, I'll have to take this up to our FRC developers.

Best Regards,

~Nate

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,030 Views)

I don't have the option to deactivate,  The only option on right click is "activate".  Should I try to remove and reinstall?  Or maybe there is anouther way to deactivate?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,030 Views)

I would try an uninstall and reinstall at this point. I am still not sure what the root cause of the issue is, but I'm working on finding out.

~Nate

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,030 Views)

I am having I think a similar problem.  Same symptoms - And I have gone to the license manager and turned on the Vision Assistant for FRC license - but the download is not providing the executable for that - I only get the standard Vision Assistant 8.6 file in the Natioanal Instrument Folder.

I tried re downloading the file to no difference - then I tried downloading it to another computer, same result.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,030 Views)

We are currently investigating this issue with R&D.  I would like you to post a screenshot of your license manager similar to the one I have posted.

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,030 Views)

Uninstalling everything and reinstalling seemed to work.  The license manager looks the same.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,030 Views)