FIRST Robotics Competition Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI FIRST Team Grants Application - now open through October 27, 2017

Hey FRC Teams!

We hope you had a fantastic summer and are as excited as we are about the upcoming FIRST Robotics Competition season.

We are excited to let you know that the online application for NI FRC team grants is now open. These sponsorships will be awarded for the upcoming 2017/2018 FRC season. If you’ve applied before, you’ll notice the application is similar to last year with one important addition: How is your team sharing LabVIEW with the FRC community?

We think it’s important for students to be exposed to multiple languages throughout their education, and that they should have easily accessible learning resources to do so. When students teach other students, everybody wins.

Please apply online here: https://goo.gl/forms/MHcOSmK83dpuRLpB2

A few things to keep in mind:

• DEADLINE: Applications must be submitted by 11:00 pm EST on Friday, October 27, 2017.
    • GRANT NOTIFICATIONS: Selected teams will be notified by December 8, 2017.
    • NI GRANT REQUIREMENTS: If your team is selected for an NI FIRST grant, you will be required to:
      1. Program your competition robot in LabVIEW.
      2. Maintain regular communication with your NI Ambassador (assigned after grant selections) regarding team initiatives, community outreach, competition travel schedule, and competition event results. Your NI Ambassador will also provide you personal technical support throughout the season as needed.
      3. Feature the NI logo on all team signage, including robot, t-shirts, banners, newsletters, website, etc.; use the NI logo according to NI Logo Guidelines (provided by NI).
      4. All teams are encouraged to participate in NI's new LabVIEW badging program. Program details will be communicated after grant selection.

We look forward to receiving and reviewing this season’s grant applications! 

Happy robotting,

Your NI Team

Comments
Member theevankassos

Hello! 

We're the Terminators, a rookie team from Karditsa, Greece. In the grant description you state that the funds that are going to be provided to a team are based on financial need. Is there an upper limit to that and what kind of costs will the NI Grant cover? For example, if the decision is going to be based on the team's budget, what kind of expenses are you going to cover? 

Evangelos Kassos 

Team Terminators 

www.teamterminators.org

Member NI_Jeff

Hello Team Terminators! Welcome to FRC! 

Thank you for your excellent questions. I would probably ask the same if I were in your shoes. (I was in Greece last year, and I absolutely loved it!)

There is no "upper limit". We sponsor teams for different reasons; financial need is only one of those reasons. Last year, for example, we sponsored teams with budgets ranging from $8,000 - $80,000. The financial part of our sponsorship is a direct donation, not expense reimbursement, and it's not the same amount for all teams. We don't publicly state its value, though.

Let me know if you have any more questions. We look forward to receiving your application. BTW, if you decide on LabVIEW, we'll be adding a bunch of new LabVIEW training resources over the next few months. Follow @NIFIRSTrobotics on Twitter for updates, and follow YouTube.com/nifirstrobotics for the lasted vidoes as they are posted.

Good luck this season!

- roboJeff

Contributors