FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP!!!!! I think my team is stuck in a rut... problem somewhere from cRIO Reimaging to Running Code

Followed cRIO imaging guide (have installed utilities update).

I then encounted some issues, worked through that, and now I believe that it is imaged correctly (if I start the cRIO Imaging Tool it shows team number (539) in both boxes, and says it has the 2011 image).

I think I need to start from there. And move on to next steps.

So,

What should my laptop IP be set to?

And what should the DIP switches be set to? (is the setting for the DIP switches selected when it is depressed on that side [ ex. Say I want it to be set to off, on the off side of the switch, will it be depressed?] )

Then, What do I do???

Can someone provide instructions using an example code (or something...) that is known to work.

( I am having trouble doing anything needed to "temporarily" run code AND to deploy new "start-up" code.

Any info can help.

Thanks,

Davis Catherman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,848 Views)

Hi Davis,

I think what you're looking for is this getting started guide:

http://usfirst.org/uploadedFiles/Robotics_Programs/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2011_Assets/Kit_of_Part...

This guide gives you information about setting up the whole system, including the cRIO. Also, for the DIP switches, the side that is depressed is the side that is selected. Let me know if you still have any questions after going through the guide.

Tanya V

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,142 Views)

Hi,

(STILL NEED HELP)

Trying to Re-Image the cRIO again.

Questions on the DIP Switch settings (Safe Mode).

In the "How to Configure Your cRIO Guide" it has a picture of DIP switch configurations (below) (and it includes clarifications from me).

cRIO DIP Switch Config.jpg 

cRIO DIP Switch config. with text

Before the picture in the guide, it says, "Before running the cRIO Imaging Tool, ensure the SAFE MODE switch on the cRIO is turned off. For routine use, do not use the cRIO Imaging Tool when the cRIO is in SAFE MODE."

Meaning, that the Safe Mode should be off before starting the cRIO Imaging Tool (except when cRIO is currupt and needs formatting)

BUT the Safe Mode switch is NOT DEPRESSED on the "OFF" side.

BUT this contradicts what was mentioned in above post.

TanyaV wrote:

Also, for the DIP switches, the side that is depressed is the side that is selected.

So that means for the Safe Mode to be off, then it should be DEPRESSED on the "OFF" side. (which it is not as shown in the picture)

So, I am about to start up the robot  to run the cRIO Imaging Tool and ...

WHICH WAY IS CORRECT???

And does it stay in that position throughout the process?

Thanks,

Davis Catherman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,142 Views)

Hi Davis,

The image you posted shows the safe mode switch as ON. You want to push down on the OFF side to turn it off. So don't follow the above image to turn safe mode off.

I hope this helps!

Tanya V

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,142 Views)

Hi,

STILL HAVING PROBLEMS...

But we believe the cRIO is successfully re-imaged.

So we went throught the cRIO imaging process and now if you open the imaging tool tool it says all the 539 name and ID correctly and says that the image is 2011.

Then we continued throught the run/deploy section of the guide.  We wanted to test code ( that we did not make to ensure it is not us ), so we tested the "arcade joystick example" in project examples on the Labveiw welcome screen.  We selected the  "run continuously" button on the code and it successfully went through the deployment process.  We checked the Driver Station and the code light turned green so we selected enable and it was running but nothing happened.

The Driver Station DOES show "539" (team number) on top left corner, and the joystick is being registered as USB 1, and before we ran the project we did change the properties to 5.39, also we are positive that the setup of the electronics is correct (we set up a seperate board just for all this testing).  The computer IP is still .6 on the end.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Davis Catherman

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,142 Views)