FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Create Project Error 1055

I am having issues with starting a new robotics project in LabView.  I click the following:  New: FRC cRIO Robot Project and then select "basic framework" and put in the correct team number in the IP Address (10.17.64.02).  However, once I do that, I get the following error: Error 1055 occured at Property Node in FRC Create Project.vi -> FRC Wizard- robot.vi (See attachment).  I cannot start a New Control system VI like this and it has none of the code.  I have tried this on another computer with the same results.  Is there a link I am missing?  Do I need to reinstall?  I have updated both computers with the LabView updates as stated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(12,417 Views)

This is an error usually associated with installing the FRC Update to standard LV 8.5.1.  You must install LV from the early delivery DVD.  The DVD version is the target for the FRC update.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,649 Views)

I have actually done that.  I installed the LabView/Wind River package from DVD and then installed the update.  As a matter of fact, it was working fine on my laptop for the last 2 weeks, and then yesterday I went to start a new project a try it and it gave me this error.  I'm currently uninstalling all NI material from my computer and trying to redo it. I'm not sure why it started giving me this error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,649 Views)

That's scary.  Please let us know if re-installing fixes it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,649 Views)

Reinstalling did fix the error.... 2 hours later.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,649 Views)

bheaivilin,

Rather than uninstalling and reinstalling all of the software (which as you know can be extremely time consuming) I recommend
repairing LabVIEW before attempting an uninstall and reinstall. If some files or directories have gone missing these will be caught and reinstalled by the repair.

As stated early in this thread we usually see this error when someone has installed the FRCLabVIEWUpdate.zip on top of LabVIEW (without any other FRC components).  Specifically we believe this error is due to a miss-installation of NI-RIO or LabVIEW Real-Time.  I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions that will assist Support and R&D as we investigate these issues.

1.  Do you have any other versions of LabVIEW installed on your system?  If so what versions and when did you install them?

2.  Have you changed any of the names of files, directories, or the directory structure in the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\ directory?

3.  After receiving the error message what did you Robot Project look like?  Did it appear at all?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark
NI App Software R&D
Message 6 of 12
(3,649 Views)

Answers to your question:

1. I previously had other versions installed on my computer.  However, they were temporary liscenses that I ran for a workshop on LabView earlier this year and I removed all LabView versions before installing the FRC version.  However, I do also use Multisim, a NI product, for my digital electronics class.  It is part of the Cicuit Design Suite.  I kept this installed on the computer.

2. I have not changed any file names in the directories mentioned that I know about.  The only files I was changing were the VI's for the robot.

3. I could not open the project at all.  As I have reinstalled everything, I cannot get the screen shots anymore.  If you go to http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70237&highlight=error+1055, the screen shots of the error matches mine.

I honestly do not know what happend.  It was working fine for a week or two, and then it just started giving me the error.  I had not installed anythign else nor had I changed anythign that I know of.  I will definately try repairing the issue before I reinstall next time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,649 Views)

Hello,

I am also running into this same issue. After installing LabVIEW and WindRiver from the FIRST Robotics Competition Software DVDs as well as the FRCLabVIEWUpdate, I am unable to create a new LabVIEW cRIO project with error code 1055. This problem originated directly after installing the software packages; unlike bheaivilin, my installation has not been operational for any period of time.

The only other National Instruments software I have previously installed is an evalutation copy of LabVIEW 8.6. I removed all LabVIEW packages before installing the FIRST Competition Software version.

I have been following this thread for advice concerning my problem, yet so far I have been unsuccessful with resolving the issue. I have proceeded to repair all NI packages, then completely remove and reinstall them to no avail (installed again from the FIRST Software DVDs, then updated with FRCLabVIEWUpdate.zip).

I have attached a screenshot of my project window after receiving the error and clicking to continue. I have additionally right-clicked on the RT CompactRIO Target item and chosen Explain Warning, which brought up the resulting dialog indicating that a plugin has not been installed.

I am installing LabVIEW on Windows Vista Home Premium, and I disabled my antivirus software during the reinstall attempt.

Thanks for your help,

Paul Malmsten, Team #492

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,649 Views)

Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you have been running into this error.  I want to assure you Support and R&D is taking these problems very seriously, and we are doing whatever possible to investigate their causes.

The error you are receiving is most likely due to either not installing or missinstalling the NI-RIO driver, LabVIEW Real-Time, or both.

• Firstly, I would like you to post a MAX Report.  This is easily document all of the NI hardware and software on your system, and will assist me as I look for possible conflicts and causes. This is done with a piece of software that installs LabVIEW named Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).  You can find this application by Navigating the  Start Menu » All Programs » National Instruments » Measurement & Automation Explorer
    • To generate the report from the menu bar select File » Create Report...
    • In the MAX Report Wizard select the Technical Support Radio button in the Select Report Type box.  Then ensure My System is selected from the Select system for report drop down menu. 
    • Press Next.  You will not need to add any files in the next screen.  Press Next again.
    • Select a location for the ni_support.zip to be saved.  Press Next.
    • On the final screen press Finish

• I want to ensure you installed all of the software from the FIRST competition DVD and not just individual components.  If you are attempting to save disk space by only installing LabVIEW or Wind River you will run into issues.  I suspect you have run the full installer, but I just want to make sure we have all of our bases covered.

• You mentioned you previously had LabVIEW 8.6 Eval installed on your system.  After running the uninstaller are there any portions of the LabVIEW 8.6 directory structure still residing in your C:\Program Files\National Instruments\ folder?  If there is I recommend manually removing these directories.

• Instead of attempting to uninstall or repair your software I want you to install just NI-RIO and the LabVIEW Real-Time Module.   You can do this from the FIRST Robotics Competition install DVD.  In the attached screenshot1.png I have highlighted these two items.  If you cannot install this software please post a screen shot of the same screen I have shown.

I have posted MAX report generated from My System for your reference.

Mark
NI App Software R&D
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,649 Views)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Per request, I have generated a MAX report and attached it to this message. Quickly glancing through the reports, it appears that the CompactRIO Module and the Real-Time packages listed by your report are not installed on my system.

To answer your question, I ran the installation routine with default settings. All of the software packages on the FIRST Software DVD were selected for installation.

Concerning leftovers from the 8.6 Eval install, I found a LabVIEW 8.6 directory under Program Files\National Instruments. This directory contains two directories, which are empty (manuals and user.lib), as well as LabVIEW.ini. I have removed all of these files and the LabVIEW 8.6 directory.

I ran the installation procedure for those two packages as requested (NI-RIO and LabVIEW Real-Time), but it appears that they did not install. The seperate installer windows which were started by the main installer proceeded to initialize, but then they promptly closed and the main installer continued. I did not see either of the seperate installers (i.e. the NI-RIO installer and the Real-Time installer) actually copy any files or make changes to my system.

To confirm this, I again generated a MAX report which showed no changes.

I have also recorded an error message which was displayed at the end of the installation procedure. Similar messages were displayed during my inital installation and my reinstall attempt a few days ago for a variety of packages, but I disregarded them since the FRC package installation was noted as tested on Vista by FIRST. Here is a copy of the messages I received at the end of the install:

LabVIEW Real-Time Module

Unsupported version of NI-VISA detected

A version of NI-VISA that is not supported on this operating system has been detected. You must cancel this installation and uninstall the older version before continuing. Refer to ni.com/vista for more information.

NI-RIO

Unsupported version of NI-VISA detected

A version of NI-VISA that is not supported on this operating system has been detected. You must cancel this installation and uninstall the older version before continuing. Refer to ni.com/vista for more information.

Thanks for your help,
Paul Malmsten

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,649 Views)