FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install FRC VIs and Project templates if I already have Labview 8.5

Hi,

I am a mentor for team 1342 in Sedona Arizona.  I am a current user of Labview 8.5.  I would like to install the VIs and project templates on my machine so I can understand the framework and VIs and mentor the kids doing the programming.  My local Rep is Buddy Curtis.

Randy Conilogue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,280 Views)

Randy,

To install the FRC components into LabVIEW you need to run the main installer in the FRC Competition software DVD.  Since you already have LabVIEW installed the FRC installer will simple skip the step to install LabVIEW again.

My question for you is what NI software do you have installed on the machine apart from LabVIEW 8.5.1?  There are several pieces of software that may run into conflicts, but we may be able to avoid this if we have a good idea what else is on the machine.

Cheers,

Mark

NI FIRST Support

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,573 Views)

Thanks,

I was thinking that the install could be done that way, but wanted to make sure.  As for what is installed on my machine, it is the Labview professional.  I can install the Realtime if I need it.  But I mainly want to step through the VIs and clusters to understand them.  The install on the team computer should do teh rest.

But just in case, is tehre anything beyond the Labview realtime needed?

Thanks again

Randy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,573 Views)

Randy,

The FRC software package is made up of LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time, Vision, NI-RIO, and NI-VISA.  Some of this software includes patches to correct for bugs discovered during development.  If you system already has NI-RIO and NI-VISA installed I recommend uninstalling these and all their dependencies (these will automatically uninstall with them).

Because the software package is customized in several ways I can only recommend installing the software from the FRC Competition software DVD.

Cheers,

Mark

NI FIRST Support

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,573 Views)